New cool apps for GG

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Thought I would make this post as I could not find a similar thread. Just downloaded the smart remote perfectly syncs with watch on and now I am controlling my TV :) and Apple TV. Download from entertainment category in samsung apps in Galaxy Gear app. Enjoy!

Posted via Android Central App

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could see which apps are available for the GG before buying one. I downloaded the Gear manager, but it won't let me see apps until I pair the GG. But that definitely sounds like an app I would use.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I wish I could see which apps are available for the GG before buying one. I downloaded the Gear manager, but it won't let me see apps until I pair the GG. But that definitely sounds like an app I would use.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

There aren't many apps for the Gear at the moment. Their will be more the longer it's out. It's like when the first iPhone or the original android phone came out. You have to wait for development to start. But it's nice. It's a great watch. And with the new update, I can get full notifications from any app on my phone. It's a great extention of my phone. There's an app called Watchstyler that allows you to make custom watch faces from pictures on your phone or the templates they have. You can make the Gear fit you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Just installed a news app called news clock. Can have clock and latest news also from the news app.

Mznik60620

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thought I would make this post as I could not find a similar thread. Just downloaded the smart remote perfectly syncs with watch on and now I am controlling my TV :) and Apple TV. Download from entertainment category in samsung apps in Galaxy Gear app. Enjoy!

Are you still able to use the smart remote app? I had to reset my phone and now I'm unable to find the app in the Samsung app store.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I see it mentioned in articles from late November and apparently some folks are using it. I looked everywhere, I'm not seeing it.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, works great. If I am watching something and have to leave the room for a min I just hit pause on my watch and go,, it's pretty cool

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You can drastically broaden the number of available apps by adb installing them from the Play Store. Just download the app to your phone, use something like APK Sharer to get the apk to your PC, and boom. It's hit or miss since obviously you're talking about a tiny screen with no keyboard input, but there are a lot of apps that do work.