How much does the gear affect battery life on your note 3?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
As i'm guessing to find your device it has to use a certain amount of battery life, right?

I don't see a drain at all....i have had my gear on since 7am...its now after 3pm and i've had about 5 phone calls on it, and the usual notifications, etc and my phone is at 74%....

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a drain at all....i have had my gear on since 7am...its now after 3pm and i've had about 5 phone calls on it, and the usual notifications, etc and my phone is at 74%....

interesting, how do you sync it does it just find your note when both are switched on?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah see you need bluetooth on? right ok thanks

honestly, i just leave the bluetooth on all of the time now...if you walk away from the phone far enough the gear disconnects from the phone and then reconnects when you get closer. it's not something you have to manage or even think about and like i say, i don't see any real drain on my battery.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
honestly, i just leave the bluetooth on all of the time now...if you walk away from the phone far enough the gear disconnects from the phone and then reconnects when you get closer. it's not something you have to manage or even think about and like i say, i don't see any real drain on my battery.

so you don't think bluetooth affects battery life for you then?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The battery on the Note 3 is the CHIT!! I don't think it will ever run out!! :D.. But, if it does, I got a spare to snap in and I will be back to 100% in less than 30 seconds.. :D

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention that the devices now use low energy blue tooth, so no more of the drain we used to see.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't tell you the difference in battery life. I only used the Note 3 for three days before I got the Gear, and the Gear has been paired ever since. I'm one that has always left Bluetooth on on my main phones for the last three years, so I don't even know what battery life is like if Bluetooth is off.

Stuker442

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Gear for a few days and it doesn't affect battery life on my Note 3 at all. This low power Bluetooth 4.0 seems to deliver what it promises.