1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "samsung apps turned off", no notifications on Gear and S4 with 4.3

Hello All,

I have a Galaxy S4 on t-mobile. They released the 4.3 update last week and I quickly updated my phone and bought a Galaxy Gear.

They pair fine and I can make calls with no issues. However I get no notifications on my Gear. Also, when I click the Samsung Apps icon in the gear manager I get a message that says "samsung apps turned off".

Also to note, if I click the Featured option under My apps in the Gear Manager, nothing happens when I click the install button for any of the apps.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I went ahead and uninstalled Gear manager and reinstalled it. Everything is the exact same as the first time.

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Default Re: "samsung apps turned off", no notifications on Gear and S4 with 4.3

Did you disable Samsung Apps using the app manager previously? I would go into Settings and double check if it was disabled at some point.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I checked and that is not the issue. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Samsung today and they could not figure it out. I have a feeling its one of two things. 1 - I have a bad watch, or 2 - I need to reinstall my phone.

I Just got this for the S4 as well. No notifications sent to Gear.
    It looks as if a Software upgrade is coming for the gear. which should enhance the notifications. So I'm hoping this fixes the issue.