Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear Watch update

I'm in the United States. The state of Maine, I have received both updates on my note 3. All notifications and third party applications running very smoothly. My only concern is the lack of apps. I would hope that in the coming weeks developers will be supplying us with many new apps. I have downloaded and installed wondershare with superuser permissions, and I am able to run third party apps that are not listed in the game manager.This latest update is definitely a game changer.I would like to see an update that would allow me to only show on the watch the apps that I want to show as of right now you have to delete all the system apps, I would also like to see the system applications in color as of right now everything is black and white except for the third party apps that I have installed.if anyone has questions you can contact me
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 12-10-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Removed personal information.

Default Re: Galaxy Gear Watch update

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Duddy View Post
    I'm in the United States. The state of Maine, I have received both updates on my note 3. All notifications and third party applications running very smoothly. My only concern is the lack of apps. I would hope that in the coming weeks developers will be supplying us with many new apps. I have downloaded and installed wondershare with superuser permissions, and I am able to run third party apps that are not listed in the game manager.This latest update is definitely a game changer.I would like to see an update that would allow me to only show on the watch the apps that I want to show as of right now you have to delete all the system apps, I would also like to see the system applications in color as of right now everything is black and white except for the third party apps that I have installed.if anyone has questions you can contact me
    You got the OTA update? Which carrier is your note 3 with ? I am with At&t and check everyday and nothing. Did you have to root your note 3? Mine is stock and I didn't have any plans on rooting it. Getting really frustrated with how long its taking to get this update !

Posted via Android Central App

what software version are you on after the update?

I don't believe....need to see proof!
    cehowardNote3 likes this.

I got this tweet from samsung support 3 days ago not happy with it. Samsung needs to figure out what they are doing.

@SamsungSupport: @Drewdoc45 This update is not yet available for your device. Please stay tuned though as we will post more info. as we receive it. ^J

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Support will come. The Gear is JUST 2 months old. You have to give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fatasaurus View Post
    Support will come. The Gear is JUST 2 months old. You have to give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

They received the update in Rome. Well, parts of Europe at least.

skycross likes this.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Quote Originally Posted by jschu22 View Post
    They received the update in Rome. Well, parts of Europe at least.

What does that have to do with my response to developer support?

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fatasaurus View Post
    What does that have to do with my response to developer support?

The "Rome wasn't built in a day" statement is irrelevant when the update has been available, for quite some time, elsewhere.

Just download and apply the UK update. I did it last weekend and it works great!
    mrwallyy likes this.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylograth View Post
    Just download and apply the UK update. I did it last weekend and it works great!
    I trued this yesterday, might not have been giving it my full attention, but couldn't get it to work. Downloaded all the files (I think, wasn't sure what to do with the use drivers) but the watch never showed up in Odin. Any suggestions?

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I live on east coast of U.S. (Maine) Here a link to show my Galaxy Gear.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12-11-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: checked for spam issues

Quote Originally Posted by jschu22 View Post
    I trued this yesterday, might not have been giving it my full attention, but couldn't get it to work. Downloaded all the files (I think, wasn't sure what to do with the use drivers) but the watch never showed up in Odin. Any suggestions?

you do have to have the watch in the right mode and connected to the computer to get it to push through....i found my watch never did really show up on the computer (like drive) but odin did see it....

I live on east coast of U.S. (Maine) Here a link to show my Galaxy Gear.
    what software version are you on now?

I just downloaded the update myself. The watch is much faster now. Official update I should add.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Downloading the new update right now!!

Stay tune.....

IT WORKS, Samsung email client for MS Exchange WORKS!

After updating this morning, I can now preview my emails from my secured exchange email client on my gear!

Thank you Samsung! This Gear is now a permanent fixture on my arm.

I'm guessing the UK download that I installed on my US Gear was the culprit, because as far as I can tell the versions are the same as the UK versions.
    Thanked by:
    zmann 

I did the OTA update here in the US (Verizon) yesterday. I see nothing different nor any added notifications under the settings tab notifications.
    The screen shots I have seen I guess are not what I have.

Are you talking about the OTA Update that verizon did this morning or are you folks actually talking about the Firmware update that you have to do through kies?

Can someone shoot me the xda link for the manual update

How do we get the firmware update?

This was a firmware update for the watch. For some reason I see no difference. It says firm ware last numbers are XUAM11 under paired gear.

Here you go...

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Hastings View Post
    Are you talking about the OTA Update that verizon did this morning or are you folks actually talking about the Firmware update that you have to do through kies?
    I am not on Verizon

love my evo.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am not on Verizon

zmann...was this an OTA?
    and what is the software version you have on the watch now?

Thanks
    Ray
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast