How old are the Gear owners?

What's your age range?

• Total voters

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't own one (and wouldn't buy one...yet), but I have a feeling the 'winners' will be categories 2 and 3... anyone below 18 is just not interested (or mommy and daddy just won't pay for that) and anyone over 40, I fear, will be greatly annoyed by it after two or three days and find they have no real use for the device (unless they really want to feel like **** Tracy hehe). But it will be interesting to see, no doubt...

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
At my age I can't justify the costs of one. Thus I suspect other 18year olds to be similar. My winning group would be the mid twenties

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
At my age, disposable income is plentiful for gadgets and the choices now are broader and more diverse than ever. The GG is definitely more of a proof-of-concept than a bonafide product. And since its a Samsung product, its filled with useless gimmicks with limited practical application (camera) while very short on features that would have "killer app" application (GPS features on your wrist, remote control via IR in place of useless camera, Roku/Netflix/Hulu remote-over-wifi features, etc). But as a pure gadget, its fine for what it is. As wearable Android tech, its actually pretty powerful once you root it and start loading up your own apps. Just limited since it mainly remains a 'slave' to the tethered phone, rather than allowing true bi-directional control. Clearly Samsung doesn't understand that paradigm the way Google does with Google Glass.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
While I love having the latest tech gadgets, I can't justify dropping $300 so I don't have to pull my phone out of my pocket to answer calls, look at who texted or emailed me, or snap a picture. I can't see too many other my age feeling a whole lot different than I do about it.

My money's on the 25-34 demographic to win this poll.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
44,,and only paid 165.00 for mine. Would never pay 300 for onw.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I have the distinction of being the oldest at 73..

However, all my desires, are on the young side. In other words, my mind and body goes along with 35 year olds.. My face doesn't. Please, don't ask me to post a picture.. :D

And I paid $209+tax for mine, because I am a cheap-skate too.. :D

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
At sprint corporate store. The employee gave me his corporate discount.

Wow well that was nice of them. I need to make a friend at the Verizon corporate store. I don't think they like me though, because I know more about the phones than they do.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow well that was nice of them. I need to make a friend at the Verizon corporate store. I don't think they like me though, because I know more about the phones than they do.

Well same here,,, I just talk to them as equals. Have fun,, talk about stuff,, he made the offer because I refused paying full price and he wanted the sale

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I haven't done this, but try going into a Verizon store (that's if they sell the Gear there), and pretend you're looking at the watch. Surely, a rep will come up to you and ask if you need help. Just say I have the Note 3 and heard the Gear is a really good companion, but the price doesn't do it for me. Ask them straight up if they can do anything for you, especially if you're a long time Verizon customer. DO IT!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected, it seems people over 40 are winning this poll hehe Never would have guessed it. It seems **** Tracy did leave a lasting effect on them :)

Jose Duddy

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I will be 60yrs in sept.I love tech. I had every iphone. All the ipads except the new air. I have a 27" imac, 6pcs running xp up to windows 7. Airport extream and express. Two galaxy notes 10.1 tabs wifie and me. A galaxy s2, Galaxy s3 an a Galaxy Note 3. and now the gear. Lol
Happy and spoiled.lol.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Does make sense as they would have almost paid off a home / have disposable income.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Does make sense as they would have almost paid off a home / have disposable income.

We've worked most or all of our lives to get that way, why shouldn't we enjoy the fruits of our labor while we are young enough to do so.

48 years young here.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done this, but try going into a Verizon store (that's if they sell the Gear there), and pretend you're looking at the watch. Surely, a rep will come up to you and ask if you need help. Just say I have the Note 3 and heard the Gear is a really good companion, but the price doesn't do it for me. Ask them straight up if they can do anything for you, especially if you're a long time Verizon customer. DO IT!!!

I'll try that out tomorrow or Friday. But I won't give me hopes up. The reps in Seattle seem to only care about money, not keeping customers.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well same here,,, I just talk to them as equals. Have fun,, talk about stuff,, he made the offer because I refused paying full price and he wanted the sale

I try that, but I have to correct them most of the time because they have the wrong information. I've been told my GNex had an SD card. The HTC One had an 8 MP camera. Things like that. But I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and nod my head. Hahaha

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

That is almost exactly what I did.. Told them I would never pay that price. Dude was hell bent on making the sale so he played the corporate discount card

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital