View Poll Results: What's your age range?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 18

1 1.23%
  • 18-24

2 2.47%
  • 25-34

22 27.16%
  • 35-44

19 23.46%
  • 45-54

24 29.63%
  • 55+

13 16.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post How old are the Gear owners?

Pick your answer in the poll. Don't worry, it's anonymous!
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: How old are the Gear owners?

I don't own one (and wouldn't buy one...yet), but I have a feeling the 'winners' will be categories 2 and 3... anyone below 18 is just not interested (or mommy and daddy just won't pay for that) and anyone over 40, I fear, will be greatly annoyed by it after two or three days and find they have no real use for the device (unless they really want to feel like **** Tracy hehe). But it will be interesting to see, no doubt...

At my age I can't justify the costs of one. Thus I suspect other 18year olds to be similar. My winning group would be the mid twenties

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

At my age, disposable income is plentiful for gadgets and the choices now are broader and more diverse than ever. The GG is definitely more of a proof-of-concept than a bonafide product. And since its a Samsung product, its filled with useless gimmicks with limited practical application (camera) while very short on features that would have "killer app" application (GPS features on your wrist, remote control via IR in place of useless camera, Roku/Netflix/Hulu remote-over-wifi features, etc). But as a pure gadget, its fine for what it is. As wearable Android tech, its actually pretty powerful once you root it and start loading up your own apps. Just limited since it mainly remains a 'slave' to the tethered phone, rather than allowing true bi-directional control. Clearly Samsung doesn't understand that paradigm the way Google does with Google Glass.

While I love having the latest tech gadgets, I can't justify dropping $300 so I don't have to pull my phone out of my pocket to answer calls, look at who texted or emailed me, or snap a picture. I can't see too many other my age feeling a whole lot different than I do about it.

My money's on the 25-34 demographic to win this poll.

44,,and only paid 165.00 for mine. Would never pay 300 for onw.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    44,,and only paid 165.00 for mine. Would never pay 300 for onw.

Where?

I think I have the distinction of being the oldest at 73..

However, all my desires, are on the young side. In other words, my mind and body goes along with 35 year olds.. My face doesn't. Please, don't ask me to post a picture..

And I paid $209+tax for mine, because I am a cheap-skate too..

Quote Originally Posted by SalixIncendium View Post
    Where?
    At sprint corporate store. The employee gave me his corporate discount.

love my evo.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

At sprint corporate store. The employee gave me his corporate discount.

Wow well that was nice of them. I need to make a friend at the Verizon corporate store. I don't think they like me though, because I know more about the phones than they do.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by ki11ak3nn View Post
    Wow well that was nice of them. I need to make a friend at the Verizon corporate store. I don't think they like me though, because I know more about the phones than they do.

Well same here,,, I just talk to them as equals. Have fun,, talk about stuff,, he made the offer because I refused paying full price and he wanted the sale

love my evo.
    ki11ak3nn likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I haven't done this, but try going into a Verizon store (that's if they sell the Gear there), and pretend you're looking at the watch. Surely, a rep will come up to you and ask if you need help. Just say I have the Note 3 and heard the Gear is a really good companion, but the price doesn't do it for me. Ask them straight up if they can do anything for you, especially if you're a long time Verizon customer. DO IT!!!
    ki11ak3nn likes this.

I stand corrected, it seems people over 40 are winning this poll hehe Never would have guessed it. It seems **** Tracy did leave a lasting effect on them

I will be 60yrs in sept.I love tech. I had every iphone. All the ipads except the new air. I have a 27" imac, 6pcs running xp up to windows 7. Airport extream and express. Two galaxy notes 10.1 tabs wifie and me. A galaxy s2, Galaxy s3 an a Galaxy Note 3. and now the gear. Lol
    Happy and spoiled.lol.
    karsdroid likes this.

Does make sense as they would have almost paid off a home / have disposable income.

Tom Fairclough

40+ years young here...
    Live2ride883 and karsdroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Does make sense as they would have almost paid off a home / have disposable income.

We've worked most or all of our lives to get that way, why shouldn't we enjoy the fruits of our labor while we are young enough to do so.

48 years young here.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    I haven't done this, but try going into a Verizon store (that's if they sell the Gear there), and pretend you're looking at the watch. Surely, a rep will come up to you and ask if you need help. Just say I have the Note 3 and heard the Gear is a really good companion, but the price doesn't do it for me. Ask them straight up if they can do anything for you, especially if you're a long time Verizon customer. DO IT!!!
    I'll try that out tomorrow or Friday. But I won't give me hopes up. The reps in Seattle seem to only care about money, not keeping customers.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Well same here,,, I just talk to them as equals. Have fun,, talk about stuff,, he made the offer because I refused paying full price and he wanted the sale

I try that, but I have to correct them most of the time because they have the wrong information. I've been told my GNex had an SD card. The HTC One had an 8 MP camera. Things like that. But I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and nod my head. Hahaha

That is almost exactly what I did.. Told them I would never pay that price. Dude was hell bent on making the sale so he played the corporate discount card

love my evo.
    ki11ak3nn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UsedName View Post
    40+ years young here...
    me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I stand corrected, it seems people over 40 are winning this poll hehe Never would have guessed it. It seems **** Tracy did leave a lasting effect on them
    ummm......too young for **** tracy, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck0870 View Post
    At my age, disposable income is plentiful for gadgets and the choices now are broader and more diverse than ever. The GG is definitely more of a proof-of-concept than a bonafide product. And since its a Samsung product, its filled with useless gimmicks with limited practical application (camera) while very short on features that would have "killer app" application (GPS features on your wrist, remote control via IR in place of useless camera, Roku/Netflix/Hulu remote-over-wifi features, etc). But as a pure gadget, its fine for what it is. As wearable Android tech, its actually pretty powerful once you root it and start loading up your own apps. Just limited since it mainly remains a 'slave' to the tethered phone, rather than allowing true bi-directional control. Clearly Samsung doesn't understand that paradigm the way Google does with Google Glass.
    yesterday i was in the middle of cooking dinner, a call came in and i was able to swipe with a knuckle to answer (my hands were goopy) and take the call while i continued on with dinner. if i had had to wash my hands, pick up my phone, etc, i would have burned dinner in my pan, or i would have had to turn the stove off, while i dealt with the call. i have come to rely on the notifications, etc.....love it......its fun, helpful, and yes i'm sure the gear 2 will have even more functions, but i can afford to have a fun toy now, and look forward to the advancements in the future!!
    ki11ak3nn and mrwallyy like this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I try that, but I have to correct them most of the time because they have the wrong information. I've been told my GNex had an SD card. The HTC One had an 8 MP camera. Things like that. But I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and nod my head. Hahaha

Let us know how it goes. And I agree, I CANNOT stand Best Buy reps, they don't know jack you-know-what, but like Zmann said, pretend you don't know much and go with the wrong information they give you. Make them feel superior and knowledgeable lol.
    ki11ak3nn likes this.

Let us know how it goes. And I agree, I CANNOT stand Best Buy reps, they don't know jack you-know-what, but like Zmann said, pretend you don't know much and go with the wrong information they give you. Make them feel superior and knowledgeable lol.
    I never said I pretend to not know much. With me at the Sprint store I ran into a group of workers just wanting sales no matter how they do it. When I said I would never pay that much they played the corporate discount card. One thing for sure,, the guys in the Sprint store Do know their stuff, in this particular store anyway.

love my evo.

I find where I live if you hit a knowledgeable staff and they know you know your stuff too they hit you up with freebies as their glad they don't have to do much work.

E.g I brought 2 nexus 4s in they drooled over it when they were just released. Told them the other store stuffed something and other stuff i required. They ended up removing every single fee since I knew exactly what they had to do rather then wasting time trying to solve it. However they did frame my old sim card and a monument of how much the other store butchered a cut.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux. Prepare for January 26.
    Tom Fairclough
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast