Gear Manager Update

Chasfenner

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
My gear manger just updated to 1.5.120601 but I haven't noticed any changes on my gear running MK7 and I still cannot read exchange emails...bummer!

Charles

Posted via Android Central App

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
How do you get MK7 on your gear? thru ODIN? Do you have to root it? or does the device you are running your manager (Note3) on have to be rooted? Im sure there is a thread on this somewhere but thought I would ask in case you might know where to point me. End of the day, Samsung has seriously dropped the ball on not pushing the update out- to the USA- that the UK and other parts of the world have had for a while now. I hate having to hack my phone/device in order to make it work.

Chasfenner

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I did use Odin to update the firmware on my Gear and it is not rooted nor is my Note 3 rooted. It is a easy process and the instructions can be found on this site as well as the xda forums and YouTube. just search the forums/Google and you will find step by step instructions. You will need to have a windows machine and will have to download the latest Odin and the UK BTU firmware. Once again it is not hard you just need to follow the steps and it is soo worth the effort! I agree that Samsung has dropped the ball for us USA users. Good luck

Charles

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just installed official update. Open gear manager and it was there

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I just installed official update. Open gear manager and it was there
How do you know its the "official" update? I mean, is this the one that gives you more notification options everyone has been clamoring for?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow,, gear is very snappy now. Pictures open up instantly and the whole experience is so much smoother.

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay. Just downloaded the OTA for GG manager. This isn't the one the UK got. Not the same version number for one.... I think this is to fix the issues with Exchange which doesn't apply to me. I don't see any ability to add other apps for notifications, no text templates nothing. WtF!? Samsung!

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I did use Odin to update the firmware on my Gear and it is not rooted nor is my Note 3 rooted. It is a easy process and the instructions can be found on this site as well as the xda forums and YouTube. just search the forums/Google and you will find step by step instructions. You will need to have a windows machine and will have to download the latest Odin and the UK BTU firmware. Once again it is not hard you just need to follow the steps and it is soo worth the effort! I agree that Samsung has dropped the ball for us USA users. Good luck

Charles

Thanks man!

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
After the GM update and running UK firmware on my GG, I FINALLY have full Exchange content showing on my a Gear again PLUS all the extra notifications too!

Hallelujah!

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This is a big let down!!
Update the GM and everything is the same....I need the links how to install Odin and the UK version.

Thanks!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well at least it is faster,, I know because it use to take at least 20 Secs to open a pic,, now it's instant.. I don't care about the other update. I know it will come. Most likely bug free so it's worth the wait EDIT: I don't know but I have many more options in notifications settings,, including fb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC