Questions about Gear

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Just started doing research on watches and had a couple of questions to clear up some confusion i had. I know initial reviews of it were boarder line at best and I'm sure it was rushed and there have been updates. How are things working with it now?
I know the phone doesn't have a gps, but how is it for running? I've been using a Garmin 305 for years now.
I know you have to pair/setup with a Note (darn you at*t send out the update), but 1 thing i'm confused on.. if the phone is out of range, does it just turn off and useless, or what can it down when the phone is not in range?

This is more of an option than a question but.. with what the Gear can do now.... is there still much more potential to see/have with this watch, or is this going to be about it until the 2 comes out?
Did Samsung ever release a SDK for this for 3rd party apps or is the fact it's severely limited really cut down on 3rd party apps?

Thanks

Jim

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have turned the phone off before and the device becomes a regular watch and the functionality benefits are reduced.

I compared the pedometer functionality to my Fitbit. I used it for one day. I found my fitbit to be more accurate and offer more info. So i am not using the pedometer function of the watch.

I had some hesitancy at first about the purchase. The device does grow on me after awhile. I paid 199 for the device. I think if I paid the 299 I would return it. If it was 99 I would keep it without hesitancy. One thing kind of interesting, when you go out places, people ask you about it. Many recognize the device and some get it confused with the Pebble Smartwatch. Also I can tell that I am early adopter to this technology. Sometimes the notifications do not work. Other times it might lose connectivity and restores itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2