Galaxy Gear US Firmware Update!

nfectgotan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't think it has been released yet. With the OTA update to the gear manager and the fact that almost every other country has it already I am assuming it may be releasing soon. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Which is why people are upgrading to UK's firmware for increased notifications. I have done so myself, I have ran into a few problems with phone battery life, something I haven't heard many other people have so use at your own risk.

joeco23

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I don't understand why Samsung has not pushed the update to us here in the States I am glad I got my watch close to Christmas as I will just return it and wait for the second generation watch to come out early next year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

nfectgotan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I don't understand why Samsung has not pushed the update to us here in the States I am glad I got my watch close to Christmas as I will just return it and wait for the second generation watch to come out early next year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

don't blame you, seems as if they don't like giving great stuff to US customers, First it started with the octa core and now they lag on an update. I know its not easy to make an update work for all devices on many different phone connections with different cellular companies but I just don't think they care much for US. You can update to UK MK7 which runs perfectly fine for most peoples Gears. Worse case scenario is if you have a small problem after you MK7 update to UK version you can still return it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I fully get compatibility issues on the Android phones given the carrier integration, BUT, the GG is not a phone and does not have carrier integration. The mere fact that so many in the US have chosen to update via Odin with the MK7 update proves it. Did it, love it, couldn't be happier with it.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded my gear to US MK7 using Kies. Being able to read my notifications from Hangouts and Gmail is awesome!

There are now some additional settings in the Galaxy Gear Manager app and on the Gear itself. For some reason the smart relay feature seems to be disabled.

Last edited:

joeco23

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the firmware update is finally hitting the USA! Is anyone else getting this message? The software update service is not available. Maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded. Try later or update your device using Samsumg Kies.?

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Just updated through Kies. I downloaded Kies on my computer, then connected my Gear with USB. After the normal driver installations and things, Kies recognized the gear. It then stated a firmware update was available. The update took about 10-15 minutes. Can now actually read emails on the gear!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

joeco23

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I initially installed kies 3 and it would not work I subsequently downloaded kies and it will now recognize my gear but still will not install the update!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

Ladell Johnson

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
May I ask what Carrier you are with?

Just updated through Kies. I downloaded Kies on my computer, then connected my Gear with USB. After the normal driver installations and things, Kies recognized the gear. It then stated a firmware update was available. The update took about 10-15 minutes. Can now actually read emails on the gear!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I am with Verizon. I tried to update through the Gear Manager app, but it kept saying too many updates. I downloaded Kies and it went pretty well from there.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem. Can't get the OTA because of max number of users, so I installed Kies (not Kies 3) because I'm using my work Mac (instead of home PC) and it says no firmware updates to install. I'm on T-Mobile S4, but my Gear was bought at Best Buy.

Beyond just launching Kies and plugging in the USB to the phonoe, is there anything else that has to be done to initiate the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463