Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Galaxy Gear US Firmware Update!

Quote Originally Posted by SMD View Post
    Thanks for that response! Glad to know you wipe right handed. Point taken though...

Nice to hear the watch DOES work when out of range. So what all works when you are out of range?

Any leaks about possible wireless charging or other methods of charging this device yet?
    Yup, that right hand wipe was really a light hearted funny and very true point!! I also wipe right handed, but I wear my gear on my left arm!!

On the charging, just want to add that thing thing charges SUPER FAST..Something like 30 minutes and she is fully charge. With the fast charging, IMO, other methods might not be needed.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    On the charging, just want to add that thing thing charges SUPER FAST..Something like 30 minutes and she is fully charge. With the fast charging, IMO, other methods might not be needed.
    30 mins for only a day of use. The next Gear needs to step up on the battery life.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ki11ak3nn View Post
    30 mins for only a day of use. The next Gear needs to step up on the battery life.

I really don't see what is so wrong with battery life? With a device that is pushing out notifications all day from a variety of sources, on a full color display, with a camera and video recorder, along with the ability to make a receive phone calls, what more do you want?

It takes little to no effort to slap the device on a charger each evening just like I do my phone, and I'm off and functional all day. I remove the Gear and Note 3 from the charger at 4:10 a.m. to go running, a full day at the office, and then back at home with the kiddos and my wife. By the time I go to bed at or about 10:00 p.m. or 10:30 the Note has about 20% of juice left, and the Gear about 55%. I wouldn't say that's bad battery life.
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    SalixIncendium likes this.

People just need to find something to ***** about-if the screen was half as nice with 4 days of battery, people would say they wish it had an amoled display with less battery life-human nature I guess

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by ki11ak3nn View Post

Compared to what? What other device fully charges in 30 minutes and gives back a day of email/text notifications (50-70 per hour in my case) plus customizable clock faces, full BT speakerphone functionality, full media control of tethered phone, etc?

Please show us your comparison reference. Go ahead......waiting.

The only update I want is one that lets me see the ENTIRE email. My work emails have long intros so I never get to see the body of the message.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck0870 View Post
    Compared to what? What other device fully charges in 30 minutes and gives back a day of email/text notifications (50-70 per hour in my case) plus customizable clock faces, full BT speakerphone functionality, full media control of tethered phone, etc?

Totally agree with you. I had the Sony Smartwatch (release 1) and it didnt have any of the phone capabilities, poor screen, and no camera and it barely got a day in battery life. I do fault Samsung for not getting the full notification feature available for the initial release. I'm sure they thought they could get to it shortly after the initial launch, but that error likely cost them a lot of returns and lost sales. Everyone who sees mine and asks about it really likes it... with the only complaint being the price which I agree is about $100 to high.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck0870 View Post

I don't have a smartwatch but I'm comparing it to the Martian Passport watch. It has a speakerphone. Full notifications. Not sure on the media controls. But I love the classic watch face it has. And it has better battery life.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    Everyone who sees mine and asks about it really likes it... with the only complaint being the price which I agree is about $100 to high.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I agree 100% on the price. If they spent less time and money on stupid "Rapey-Jack" commercials and more time making a great product at a great price and letting the people sell the device then more people would get on with the Gear.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    I really don't see what is so wrong with battery life? With a device that is pushing out notifications all day from a variety of sources, on a full color display, with a camera and video recorder, along with the ability to make a receive phone calls, what more do you want?

It takes little to no effort to slap the device on a charger each evening just like I do my phone, and I'm off and functional all day. I remove the Gear and Note 3 from the charger at 4:10 a.m. to go running, a full day at the office, and then back at home with the kiddos and my wife. By the time I go to bed at or about 10:00 p.m. or 10:30 the Note has about 20% of juice left, and the Gear about 55%. I wouldn't say that's bad battery life.
    That's great for you. That's decent battery life. It just sucks to have one more device to charge at night. I either need to get a dual USB charger or move my tablet to charge the Gear. And I also feel like battery life is dependent on how many notifications you get in a day. I have my work and personal email blazing all day. Plus texts. Facebook. Twitter. I can't really say if it's gonna last all day for me since I haven't used it. I just have more faith in the Pebble and Martian watches in regards to battery life.

I think that maybe I'm having a problem with mine and the update. Every time I check for the update it says that "latest updates have already been installed" but seems like everyone else is currently receiving the US update or at the very least a different message than what I got.
    "...take it with a grain of salt..." - The saying I hate the most now thanks to HTC Thunderbolt forums lol

I want an update that will stop my gear from dropping connection every half hour. Has that happened yet? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ni Hammad View Post
    I want an update that will stop my gear from dropping connection every half hour. Has that happened yet? Lol

Randomly? Without walking away from your phone? You must have a defective watch?
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ni Hammad View Post

Funny, I received an update today and since then I noticed twice a re-connect message between phone & watch. Neither of which have been out of range of each other the whole day (like always 2 ft within reach). Never happened before. Wonder if the new update has a problem. I'll be watching it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile

Same here since the update. And this is my second gear since the update has been out and so unless my best buy got a defective shipment, something is wrong with the update. Mine disconnects saying it's out of range while my phone is in my pocket or hand.

Yep my phone is usually in my pocket when it happens.

This may be nothing but I have had it disconnect when I am covering the watch with my arm or my hand. May be like the apple iPhone antenna issue.

Ni Hammad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealm80 View Post
    This may be nothing but I have had it disconnect when I am covering the watch with my arm or my hand. May be like the apple iPhone antenna issue.

I'll pay more attention to that. Thanks for pointing that out.

New GG user. Found this thread while searching for my problem. Also noticing that ever since I upgraded my firmware I am getting a lot of disconnects. It has disconnected like 6 times today from the first day of using it after the upgrade. Software v. Ending in UAmk7 ( according to the watch "about gear" it disconnected even with the phone 3 inches away as it did it when I was recovering my password for this site in order to post.

*edit*

Also wanted to note that it was fine before this last update. I have had 3 so far, and after the third is when this started.

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calsonicshifter View Post
    New GG user. Found this thread while searching for my problem. Also noticing that ever since I upgraded my firmware I am getting a lot of disconnects. It has disconnected like 6 times today from the first day of using it after the upgrade. Software v. Ending in UAmk7 ( according to the watch "about gear" it disconnected even with the phone 3 inches away as it did it when I was recovering my password for this site in order to post.

*edit*

Also wanted to note that it was fine before this last update. I have had 3 so far, and after the third is when this started.
    I'm assuming (and hoping) that Sammy is aware and will push out a new update soon. I definitely had no disconnect problems before the last update.

Gear Manager just updated to version 1.5.123002. So far it seems like it might have fixed my random gmail alerts and the disconnects. I think those 2 things were somehow related to each other as the disconnects seemed to happen exactly as I received a new email. Let me know if this works for you as well.

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

Just got an update as well. Here's hoping it does fix the issues

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123