Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear US Firmware Update!

What happened to the galaxy gear OTA US firmware update?

Default Re: Galaxy Gear US Firmware Update!

Don't think it has been released yet. With the OTA update to the gear manager and the fact that almost every other country has it already I am assuming it may be releasing soon. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Which is why people are upgrading to UK's firmware for increased notifications. I have done so myself, I have ran into a few problems with phone battery life, something I haven't heard many other people have so use at your own risk.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks I don't understand why Samsung has not pushed the update to us here in the States I am glad I got my watch close to Christmas as I will just return it and wait for the second generation watch to come out early next year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by joeco23 View Post
    Thanks I don't understand why Samsung has not pushed the update to us here in the States I am glad I got my watch close to Christmas as I will just return it and wait for the second generation watch to come out early next year

don't blame you, seems as if they don't like giving great stuff to US customers, First it started with the octa core and now they lag on an update. I know its not easy to make an update work for all devices on many different phone connections with different cellular companies but I just don't think they care much for US. You can update to UK MK7 which runs perfectly fine for most peoples Gears. Worse case scenario is if you have a small problem after you MK7 update to UK version you can still return it.

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I fully get compatibility issues on the Android phones given the carrier integration, BUT, the GG is not a phone and does not have carrier integration. The mere fact that so many in the US have chosen to update via Odin with the MK7 update proves it. Did it, love it, couldn't be happier with it.

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

According to this CNET article which was published today, CNET did confirm (again) with Samsung that the firmware update is very possible this week. (I think this is a new update from the last one CNET stated). Here's hoping.

What Samsung needs to do to make Galaxy Gear a hit in 2014 | Mobile - CNET News
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Just received my gear us mk7 ota update.

Posted via Android Central App
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

I just upgraded my gear to US MK7 using Kies. Being able to read my notifications from Hangouts and Gmail is awesome!

There are now some additional settings in the Galaxy Gear Manager app and on the Gear itself. For some reason the smart relay feature seems to be disabled.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

USA user here... Received my firmware update this morning! Glad I waited instead of sideloading.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Looks like the firmware update is finally hitting the USA! Is anyone else getting this message? The software update service is not available. Maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded. Try later or update your device using Samsumg Kies.?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I just downloaded Kies on both my phone and pc, can anyone tell me how to get the firmware update via Kies?

Just updated through Kies. I downloaded Kies on my computer, then connected my Gear with USB. After the normal driver installations and things, Kies recognized the gear. It then stated a firmware update was available. The update took about 10-15 minutes. Can now actually read emails on the gear!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Since 2008: HTC Wing>Sidekick 3>Sidekick Slide>Sidekick LX 2009>Palm Pre>Blackberry Curve 8330>Motorola Droid>HTC Thunderbolt>Razr Maxx>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Samsung Galaxy Note 3.....And now, the almighty, powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 4................
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Are you using Kies or Kies 3?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Kies not Kies 3
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Thanks I initially installed kies 3 and it would not work I subsequently downloaded kies and it will now recognize my gear but still will not install the update!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

May I ask what Carrier you are with?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeorge36 View Post
    Just updated through Kies. I downloaded Kies on my computer, then connected my Gear with USB. After the normal driver installations and things, Kies recognized the gear. It then stated a firmware update was available. The update took about 10-15 minutes. Can now actually read emails on the gear!!!!

I am with Verizon. I tried to update through the Gear Manager app, but it kept saying too many updates. I downloaded Kies and it went pretty well from there.
    Since 2008: HTC Wing>Sidekick 3>Sidekick Slide>Sidekick LX 2009>Palm Pre>Blackberry Curve 8330>Motorola Droid>HTC Thunderbolt>Razr Maxx>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Samsung Galaxy Note 3.....And now, the almighty, powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 4................

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Having the same problem. Can't get the OTA because of max number of users, so I installed Kies (not Kies 3) because I'm using my work Mac (instead of home PC) and it says no firmware updates to install. I'm on T-Mobile S4, but my Gear was bought at Best Buy.

Beyond just launching Kies and plugging in the USB to the phonoe, is there anything else that has to be done to initiate the update.

Galaxy S3 Att 4.3 update and no OTA update for MK7. Has anyone as luck with kies for this device?

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    Having the same problem. Can't get the OTA because of max number of users, so I installed Kies (not Kies 3) because I'm using my work Mac (instead of home PC) and it says no firmware updates to install. I'm on T-Mobile S4, but my Gear was bought at Best Buy.

Beyond just launching Kies and plugging in the USB to the phonoe, is there anything else that has to be done to initiate the update.
    Yes, You have to plug in the GG not your phone........... You should see the update available once you plug in the watch not the phone.

Note: You have to be at least 70% charged on the watch or it will give you a error msg........ also make sure to use kies not keis 3. Keis 3 will not recognize the GG.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridarick View Post
    Yes, You have to plug in the GG not your phone........... You should see the update available once you plug in the watch not the phone.

Note: You have to be at least 70% charged on the watch or it will give you a error msg........ also make sure to use kies not keis 3. Keis 3 will not recognize the GG.
    Okay, I feel like an *****! Before seeing your reply, I thought about doing what you suggested and dismissed it, but then read your reply and thought I'd give it a try and it worked immediately. Thanks for this!

ROM
    stock

Is any one getting G-mail notifications after doing the update??? G-mail is all I use for E-mail i am not getting any G-mail notifications at all after the update.

I am on the phone with Samsung right now & they are saying it is a known Problem!!!!!!!

Please Help!!

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeorge36 View Post

I got the update and am not receiving any G-mail notifications at all now.... I do not see any options for G-mail at all now in my gear app on the phone. or options on the watch. Can you help?

Update:Resolved problem after uninstalling & re installing gear manager app....

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Go to the Galaxy gear manager app on your phone. Tap notification . Below the bottom of the list of programs you'll see.'more notifications', tap that and you'll find Gmail and every other app you have installed on your phone. Enjoy!

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast