1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Gear won't power on or charge

It was working fine but I left it unplugged for a couple weeks and now it won't charge or turn on at all.

Any advice?

Default Re: Gear won't power on or charge

How long have you left it plugged in for? A lot of devices needs to be charged for a little bit before they will turn on if the battery dies. Also, did you try another plug?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I plugged it in for about an hour. When I plugged it in, I got the little spinning icon. Came back an hour later…bricked.

I tried 2 different plugs as well as USB to Macbook Pro. Nothing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OKAY-Switched to a Motorola charging block and usb and it's charging now. *WTF*

Quote Originally Posted by mikephelps5 View Post
    OKAY-Switched to a Motorola charging block and usb and it's charging now. *WTF*
    Well that's quite strange but I'm sure you'll take it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

True dat! Just bizarre. C'mon man @ Samsung.
    Thanked by:

I'm having the same problem... Though I don't have a Motorola charging block handy to try it. Used it a few times, then turned off for a few weeks, and now nothing. Dead

Mine stopped turning on so I contacted Samsung support and they told me to hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds and mine rebooted so now it's back on. I don't know if this will help yours but it won't hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by husa3695 View Post
    Mine stopped turning on so I contacted Samsung support and they told me to hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds and mine rebooted so now it's back on. I don't know if this will help yours but it won't hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Sounds like your device froze and needed a hard reset.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Quote Originally Posted by mikephelps5 View Post
    It was working fine but I left it unplugged for a couple weeks and now it won't charge or turn on at all.

Any advice?
    Also having this issue after not using my gear for a few days. Tried two different chargers, cleaning the contacts, and reconnecting several times. Hope someone figures this out, have seen several threads about it recently

yes it seems like if you shut it of for a couple of days it does that my is doing that now its crazy. So I was plugging it in on and off for a 2 hour on and of for the day and in the end it turn on I also used a different plug
    Last edited by ginoancona; 01-24-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days