Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mikephelps5
  • 1 Post By mikephelps5
  • 1 Post By gazzaabc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Gear won't power on or charge

It was working fine but I left it unplugged for a couple weeks and now it won't charge or turn on at all.

Any advice?
    Splaktar likes this.

Default Re: Gear won't power on or charge

How long have you left it plugged in for? A lot of devices needs to be charged for a little bit before they will turn on if the battery dies. Also, did you try another plug?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I plugged it in for about an hour. When I plugged it in, I got the little spinning icon. Came back an hour later…bricked.

I tried 2 different plugs as well as USB to Macbook Pro. Nothing.
    Splaktar likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OKAY-Switched to a Motorola charging block and usb and it's charging now. *WTF*

Quote Originally Posted by mikephelps5 View Post
    OKAY-Switched to a Motorola charging block and usb and it's charging now. *WTF*
    Well that's quite strange but I'm sure you'll take it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

True dat! Just bizarre. C'mon man @ Samsung.
    Thanked by:

I'm having the same problem... Though I don't have a Motorola charging block handy to try it. Used it a few times, then turned off for a few weeks, and now nothing. Dead

Mine stopped turning on so I contacted Samsung support and they told me to hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds and mine rebooted so now it's back on. I don't know if this will help yours but it won't hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by husa3695 View Post
    Mine stopped turning on so I contacted Samsung support and they told me to hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds and mine rebooted so now it's back on. I don't know if this will help yours but it won't hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Sounds like your device froze and needed a hard reset.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Quote Originally Posted by mikephelps5 View Post
    It was working fine but I left it unplugged for a couple weeks and now it won't charge or turn on at all.

Any advice?
    Also having this issue after not using my gear for a few days. Tried two different chargers, cleaning the contacts, and reconnecting several times. Hope someone figures this out, have seen several threads about it recently

yes it seems like if you shut it of for a couple of days it does that my is doing that now its crazy. So I was plugging it in on and off for a 2 hour on and of for the day and in the end it turn on I also used a different plug
    Last edited by ginoancona; 01-24-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days
    Thanked by 2:
    robbynguyen likes this.

I was having the same problem,the Gear was new out of the box and it was not charging.I used the USB from my S4 cord and plugged the gear to my LAptop and bingo it started working again...

I confirm Bingooooooo, It's paradoxal All you have to do when the battery is left drained for a couple of days is to start charging on a Laptop or a desktop with a s4 usb cord for about 10 mn then you continue charge if you like with wall charger
    Regards

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

the reickle charge worked like a charm thank you..

Thank you very much you are a star it cahrged perfectly

Cool Re: Gear won't power on or charge

Thanks everyone for your post's, however none of them resolved my issue. I believe I figured it out and what the problem really is?
    The PINS on the cradle are the problem.
    I tried different Micro-USB cables and different electrical outlets before reading these posts which frustrated me into steps tried below.

1.) Check the Gold / Brass round female contacts underneath the face plate to ensure that nothing
    is interfering (Dirt / Dead Skin) with the connection to the PINS.
    2.) Lightly push on the male PINS attached to the cradle and ensure that they can be depressed (Dirt and Dead Skin could be causing improper movement or connection).
    3.) Open your cradle and place your Gear in and lightly with enough force push down and hold, you will notice that the charging notification message appears. Hold for up to 10 seconds and you will notice that 1% charging then 2% and so on charging will appear. This indicates to me that the cradle should be (forced-air) cleaned of any micro-debris when charging becomes erratic or no charging occurs at all.

After applying step #3 the pins should function correctly and charging should be automatic.

Hope This Helps someone like me who was ready to give up on Samsung and try another future provider like Apple in which I own absolutely zero apple products.

Gary Vaughn Grant
    Great White North Canada

Quote Originally Posted by gazzaabc View Post
    Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days
    Works like a charm - I tried all my little tricks that turned it on in the past.. NOTHING! even charged it for 3 days straight.. NOTHING! Plugged it into the computer, split second later.. CHARGING! I was shocked (but happy) - so thanks for this and I hope everyone sees this.. W O R K S L I K E A C H A R M !

ok, so charging mine today....was down to 14% so i started charging it....at some point i noticed it was at 34% and a few minutes later had to leave so i thought, well that will get me through for a while. unplugged it but noticed that it was turned off even though i had left it on to charge. one push of the power button did not wake it up, so i held the power button for a reboot....NOTHING. not a bloody twitch. it is dead as a door nail. tried the trickle charge from the laptop....tried charging from battery pack.....tried wiping the pins and charging area on the watch itself. nada....i'm so frustrated. is there no other way to force a reboot?

5 seconds worked! brilliant thanks. I am however still concerned with the mini socket of the gear charger for a mechanical breakdown..

so i called samsung.....they emailed a shipping label and i sent it off. got it back fixed in about a week. service was quick and painless....

One more hear that had a completely dead battery and it wouldn't charge from the A/C outlet but as soon as I plugged it into the laptop port - fired right up!

Live in Australia and the first Samsung Gear Live i had, had this issue. So I got it RMA'd... and the replacement has the same issue.

Tried different cables, power outlets, PC and the watch is still bricked.