Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mellyf
  • 1 Post By cehowardNote3
  • 1 Post By mrwallyy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When the Gear is on your wrist doing nothing....

So close to getting the Gear. Some unused gift cards will definitely go to good use.

For some reason, though, I assumed the time would ALWAYS be displayed. (I guess I didn't think about the whole battery power issue!) Is this a hindrance for you, or do you even care?

Also - since the time isn't illuminated at all times, do you feel you're just wearing an oversized bracelet when you're not looking at/using it?

Finally - I'm back and forth between grey and orange. (I dress business casual for work.) Any advice?

Default Re: When the Gear is on your wrist doing nothing....

I thought I would mind the time not always being displayed, but it doesn't bother me a lot. I wish the watch was a little more sensitive to my arm raise/turn...it doesn't always come on. And yet, when I'm driving, my arm can just be resting on the steering wheel or armrest, and the watch seems to turn on and off more frequently.

No, to feeling like I'm wearing a bracelet.

I also went back and forth between the grey and orange and ended up with the grey. I loved the orange, but the grey was really more practical for me.
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 and 21stNow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by amanchor View Post
    So close to getting the Gear. Some unused gift cards will definitely go to good use.

For some reason, though, I assumed the time would ALWAYS be displayed. (I guess I didn't think about the whole battery power issue!) Is this a hindrance for you, or do you even care?

Also - since the time isn't illuminated at all times, do you feel you're just wearing an oversized bracelet when you're not looking at/using it?

Finally - I'm back and forth between grey and orange. (I dress business casual for work.) Any advice?
    At first it kind of was a hindrance, but since the update it responds much faster when I raise up to my face. I actually am getting used to not having the face always on and I am starting to like it.
    Thanked by:

I actually like that the clock is not always on, saves battery. From morning to night, the lowest level of my battery is 45%! When I'm not looking at the clock, no reason for the display to light up. It lights up 95% of the time when I turn my wrist.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by amanchor View Post

Just like most electronic mediums that run off battery power, they killed the screen to save battery, and not to cause burn in. I either can move my wrist, or tape the home button and everything is displayed.

On the color, IMO, I would color match with the phone it is being used with. I have a black Note 3, and a jet black Gear.. IMO it is cool!
    Thanked by:

I opted for the beige color. I am still torn between the mocha gray and the beige. The orange will attract more looks than the gray so you will be asked questions about the device. When I am at the checkout counter of various places people ask me about it.

I also thought of getting the beige case to match the watch. I know it sounds pathetic but in some ways I want to match. Some people complain that the beige gets dirty. So far I haven't seen that.

How about if you buy both watches and try the color out and then return the one you dont want .

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I love the fact it only switches on when i look at it. you don't want it lighting up in the dark when you aren't looking at it. perfect example why I love this.

Im in the office with my phone on my desk, i go up to get a coffee and chat to a few people away from my desk sitting down in the lobby and i get notifications just a great feature.
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    I opted for the beige color. I am still torn between the mocha gray and the beige. The orange will attract more looks than the gray so you will be asked questions about the device. When I am at the checkout counter of various places people ask me about it.

I also thought of getting the beige case to match the watch. I know it sounds pathetic but in some ways I want to match. Some people complain that the beige gets dirty. So far I haven't seen that.

How about if you buy both watches and try the color out and then return the one you dont want .

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    That orange is a eye-catcher I tell you that.. However, IMO, in certain places, and only speaking for my self, orange is not masculine.. Just like pink. Before anybody jumps on me, I have Orange Wheels on my street motorcycle and they fit in perfect. They are so bright, they knock you down. Orange, is good there, but I would not come with orange on my watch.. Just my bit..

BTW, here is the orange wheels on my street bike/ride..No, I wouldn't put PINK wheels on my bike either

Thanked by:
    mellyf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    That orange is a eye-catcher I tell you that.. However, IMO, in certain places, and only speaking for my self, orange is not masculine.. Just like pink. Before anybody jumps on me, I have Orange Wheels on my street motorcycle and they fit in perfect. They are so bright, they knock you down. Orange, is good there, but I would not come with orange on my watch.. Just my bit..

BTW, here is the orange wheels on my street bike/ride..No, I wouldn't put PINK wheels on my bike either

When I first looked at the orange watch, i was like no way in heck would I wear that. It stands out way too much. Now the Orange color is growing on me. I only wish we could exchange out watch bands so, when i get tired of the beige, I can go to orange and then gray. Normally for me, I get tired of the cases for my phones and they last about 3 months.
    Thanked by:

I love the Wake up gesture. Sometimes I barely move my wrist (with the purpose of looking at the time) and it lights up, I'm really impressed.

The downside is that it lights up randomly, for example, the other day when I was chowing down on some wings, as I worked my way around the bones, it kept lighting up, lol.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    kj11 likes this.