Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ramonm2's Avatar

    Posts
    178 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    So I just won a Galaxy Gear at work! I've been contemplating getting a Note 3 but for right now I have the HTC One from TMO. Does anyone know of a way to use get them to work together? What can I use Galaxy Gear for without a Galaxy Phone?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    Quote Originally Posted by ramonm2 View Post
    So I just won a Galaxy Gear at work! I've been contemplating getting a Note 3 but for right now I have the HTC One from TMO. Does anyone know of a way to use get them to work together? What can I use Galaxy Gear for without a Galaxy Phone?
    First of all congrats, secondly I don't think you can make it work with an HTC or any other phone. There are several threads here about people trying though. You might want to check over at xda forums.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  3. #3  

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    Congrats! Where do you work?! lol

    Unrooted only works with Galaxy phones.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    Awesome. I paid $135 for mine and bought a S3 for $50. I also own a HTC One.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    Sell it for a Note 3 and be happy

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    ramonm2's Avatar

    Posts
    178 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    So what can I do with the Galaxy gear besides telling time?

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    Quote Originally Posted by ramonm2 View Post
    So what can I do with the Galaxy gear besides telling time?

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    This might be for you... unless you want to go buy a Galaxy phone.

  8. #8  

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    Quote Originally Posted by ramonm2 View Post
    So what can I do with the Galaxy gear besides telling time?

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    I show chicks pics of me when I was young!!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    ramonm2's Avatar

    Posts
    178 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    So I just received the watch and I love how it looks and feels! BUT.... I still don't have a samsung device, the fact that I can't tell time with it, until I find someone who has a Galaxy phone, is VERY DISAPPOINTING! I've seen video and it looks cool once I root it but I still need a Galaxy phone... ugh... I'm going in to my local t-mobile to set thing up and try and get this working by tonight.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    Quote Originally Posted by ramonm2 View Post
    So I just received the watch and I love how it looks and feels! BUT.... I still don't have a samsung device, the fact that I can't tell time with it, until I find someone who has a Galaxy phone, is VERY DISAPPOINTING! I've seen video and it looks cool once I root it but I still need a Galaxy phone... ugh... I'm going in to my local t-mobile to set thing up and try and get this working by tonight.
    Hit a BestBuy, they have a Samsung Booth in most of their stores. They should hook you up.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: I just won a Galaxy Gear @ Work!

    I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 and a gear paired nicely together. Still getting used to the ecosystem but I'm enjoying it so far.

    I have the latest Omega ROM which is a modified Jellybean OS. It's very good.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. widgets not working/not updating
    By blufriktion in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 09:41 AM
  2. Netflix isnt working
    By drummerman2008 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 05:23 AM
  3. My Galaxy S3 says it's docked but it's not??
    By Savannah Corralez in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 10:53 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S4 Factory Reset question
    By android_freak1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 03:45 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

B