1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cleaning the watchband

So, i sent an email to Samsung support asking what I can use to clean the band. Samsung told me water and a microfiber cloth. Chemicals could damage the band. My watch band is not dirty yet but, the dirt will come sooner than later (I have the Oatmeal Beige version). When I pressed Samsung about something other than water, they told me that I would need to use it at my own risk.

Not exactly the response I would have hoped for. The watch can be exchanged for another color if needed. Any ideas on what to use instead of water? I was thinking of maybe one of those Armor wipes or a leather/rubber wipe.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Cleaning the watchband

Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    So, i sent an email to Samsung support asking what I can use to clean the band. Samsung told me water and a microfiber cloth. Chemicals could damage the band. My watch band is not dirty yet but, the dirt will come sooner than later (I have the Oatmeal Beige version). When I pressed Samsung about something other than water, they told me that I would need to use it at my own risk.

Not exactly the response I would have hoped for. The watch can be exchanged for another color if needed. Any ideas on what to use instead of water? I was thinking of maybe one of those Armor wipes or a leather/rubber wipe.
    Sulfuric Acid. JK hehe :P Idk what's wrong with water? How about soap?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Sulfuric Acid. JK hehe :P Idk what's wrong with water? How about soap?
    I could try soap. If you soap up the watchband can you get water on the camera though? I was hoping that Samsung would give me better options instead of water and a microfiber cloth. I really want to keep my beige color watch but now I am concerned over keeping it clean.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    I could try soap. If you soap up the watchband can you get water on the camera though? I was hoping that Samsung would give me better options instead of water and a microfiber cloth. I really want to keep my beige color watch but now I am concerned over keeping it clean.
    It's not like you are going to submerge it in water and soap. Don't use too much, just use enough. Samsung just says to be careful only because they don't want to be at fault if something goes wrong :/
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:

I use the same lcd screen wipes I use to clean my screen. Works perfectly

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I use the same lcd screen wipes I use to clean my screen. Works perfectly

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    So the ones you use to clean the LCD have a little bit of alcohol in them, right? I will try that then.

I had the exact question. I can personally tell you that water does not work, soap does not work, and alcohol wipes does not work. I am eager to find another solution to this problem. Does anyone else have any solution?

Where did you contact Samsung? My orange gear is now colored/dirty and as far as I can tell cannot be cleaned. Were you able to resolve this?