1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

Default New Galaxy Gear Firmware showing up on 12-23 (post MK7)

Did anyone else get a notification of a new firmware update (post the recent notification-related update? I woke up out of my sleep @ 4am EST (NYC) NAD went to pick up my phone and noticed a gear update icon. When I pulled down the notification shade, it said new firmware update available. I was surprised and about to hit play, but because the battery was low, I decided to plug it in and accidentally hit cancel on the update. I tried forcing OTA update and even tried running Kids, but nothing updated.

Totally confused because I wasn't expecting there to be a new update. And no, I don't have any custom ROMs on S4 or Gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Default Re: New Galaxy Gear Firmware showing up on 12-23 (post MK7)

nope not seeing anything here...

Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    Did anyone else get a notification of a new firmware update (post the recent notification-related update? I woke up out of my sleep @ 4am EST (NYC) NAD went to pick up my phone and noticed a gear update icon. When I pulled down the notification shade, it said new firmware update available. I was surprised and about to hit play, but because the battery was low, I decided to plug it in and accidentally hit cancel on the update. I tried forcing OTA update and even tried running Kids, but nothing updated.

Totally confused because I wasn't expecting there to be a new update. And no, I don't have any custom ROMs on S4 or Gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I got it this morning around 7:00. Its supposed to increase the connection range and battery life.

Totally stock on my Gear and S4 as well.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Not seeing anything OTA so I decided to try Kies. Interestingly, the update to MK7 required Kies and not Kies 3. Now Kies does not recognize the device, but Kies 3 does. No update available.

Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    Not seeing anything OTA so I decided to try Kies. Interestingly, the update to MK7 required Kies and not Kies 3. Now Kies does not recognize the device, but Kies 3 does. No update available.
    Same here. I'm wondering why as well. Seems like others are having luck updating through Kies.
    "...take it with a grain of salt..." - The saying I hate the most now thanks to HTC Thunderbolt forums lol