Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By auau465121
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Soon to be a new Gear user :)

Just purchased a refurb GG on eBay for $199.95 including shipping. I'm hoping I get it by the weekend but not sure. I've wanted a smartwatch for a while and was hoping Google would come out with theirs but when I saw this price I couldn't wait any longer.

Default Re: Soon to be a new Gear user :)

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Just purchased a refurb GG on eBay for $199.95 including shipping. I'm hoping I get it by the weekend but not sure. I've wanted a smartwatch for a while and was hoping Google would come out with theirs but when I saw this price I couldn't wait any longer.
    Congrats. You do have a Galaxy phone don't you? Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Congrats. You do have a Galaxy phone don't you? Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3?
    Yep. S3 with 4.3

I was thinking about ordering one as well

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by biggs2006 View Post
    I was thinking about ordering one as well

Posted via Android Central App
    It's still on ebay as of now...

Before you order off Ebay, check out Verizon and/or check at you local Bestbuy for price matching. I have seen some posts that Verizon was selling the Gear at $199,and BestBuy was price matching that. Can't lose, all they can say is no. I got my Gear at BestBuy on a price match even though the Tmobile has ended the sale.

Fun times are coming..
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Before you order off Ebay, check out Verizon and/or check at you local Bestbuy for price matching. I have seen some posts that Verizon was selling the Gear at $199,and BestBuy was price matching that. Can't lose, all they can say is no. I got my Gear at BestBuy on a price match even though the Tmobile has ended the sale.

Fun times are coming..
    Too late for me... I honestly haven't seen it for this price anywhere and I did look on Verizon and BB.

Same here from eBay $200.00 was always my price range for this watch so when I saw this price I jumped on it

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    ansextra likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by auau465121 View Post
    Same here from eBay $200.00 was always my price range for this watch so when I saw this price I jumped on it

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Looks like they've currently sold 369 of 'em so we're not alone. I just wonder where they got all those refurbs although I really don't care...

UPDATE: Looks like they raised the price back to $249.95. Glad I didn't wait. Also they only have black and white left. I got the gray one...

Looks like they've currently sold 369 of 'em so we're not alone. I just wonder where they got all those refurbs although I really don't care...

UPDATE: Looks like they raised the price back to $249.95. Glad I didn't wait. Also they only have black and white left. I got the gray one...
    To answer your question about the amount of refurbs, it could be this..

I took my first GG back, because it was stuck in some mode and I didn't know how to get it out of that mode, I returned it. Got another one, and quickly found out that nothing was wrong with the first one. It was USER ERROR.. So, I think it is safe to say, that the majority of returns, there is nothing wrong with the watch. Even the owner didn't' think it did enough for them, or owners like me, that don't know how to work the thing, and think something is wrong with it.. The one I returned was a perfectly good watch. Most of the so-called refurbs, they have to be called that, because they are not new, should be perfectly good.

Just my two cents...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

To answer your question about the amount of refurbs, it could be this..

I took my first GG back, because it was stuck in some mode and I didn't know how to get it out of that mode, I returned it. Got another one, and quickly found out that nothing was wrong with the first one. It was USER ERROR.. So, I think it is safe to say, that the majority of returns, there is nothing wrong with the watch. Even the owner didn't' think it did enough for them, or owners like me, that don't know how to work the thing, and think something is wrong with it.. The one I returned was a perfectly good watch. Most of the so-called refurbs, they have to be called that, because they are not new, should be perfectly good.

Just my two cents...
    I've got my fingers crossed but I'm really not too worried...

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

I returned a perfectly good watch as well just because I didn't think it was worth what I paid for it. Based on the number of returns Best Buy has been seeing and after talking to a couple of the Samsung reps there I think that's the rule rather than the exception. You'll probably be fine with a refurb, and even if there is something wrong it still has a warranty.