Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By caddi27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default here is to hoping for new/updated apps for Gear in new year.. i hope?

Well,
    so far like the Galaxy Gear.. only disappointing part for me so far is.. only free running/biking app Runkeeper.. isn't working good on watch. I don't know if watch looses connection or something on the watch goes wrong, but watch doesn't stay in sync with phone on run/bike trip.
    Only other thing that makes wonder is.. no rumors, or world on any updates or new apps to look forward to on the Gear. I REALLY hope Samsung didn't drop the ball on this whole thing before just saying.. we are moving on to the next version 2 and forget about us.
    Thoughts/ideas?

Jim

Default Re: here is to hoping for new/updated apps for Gear in new year.. i hope?

Jim,
    I read there is an update already in England called MK7 that should be coming to the USA. Also with the release of Android 4.3 to the Note 2 and other phones, sales should now take off on the Galaxy Gear (I hope). Marvin
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: here is to hoping for new/updated apps for Gear in new year.. i hope?

Yea, i got that update.. but hoping for more/new app updates. I got the watch working with my note 2, notifications are working good for me. I just hope there is still new stuff/apps to look forward to on this :-)

Jim

Jim - the update I mentioned that is in England is the second update. You (and I) received the first update. Marvin
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

oh.. ok, didn't realize that. Thanks for correcting me :-)

I also have the first update! What new features will come with the second update?

Note 3 user

Quote Originally Posted by chjackson View Post
    I also have the first update! What new features will come with the second update?

Note 3 user
    As far as I know, better notifications (they are still not that good for me) and smoother operation. Marvin

The Gear was a new concept for Samsung. IMO, perfection is never going to be there in the first offering. Just like other "first offerings", things get better as time moves on..The majority of Gear owners understand what is offered and what not was offered in the beginning. Updates and newer apps will make things better. However, with all new offerings, things are not going to move with light speed.

Just my two cents.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I don't know if it already does because I've only had mine a couple days; but I would like to see a feature to set the ringer to silent, vibrate, or on from the watch.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caddi27 View Post
    I don't know if it already does because I've only had mine a couple days; but I would like to see a feature to set the ringer to silent, vibrate, or on from the watch.

It's there under settings, sound..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsmin View Post
    It's there under settings, sound..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Is that to control the phones ringer or the watch ringer. I was referring to using the watch to silence the phone or put it on vibrate.

Quote Originally Posted by caddi27 View Post

I am a novice, but I can set my Gear to vibrate or sound, from the Gear(watch)..Settings from the Gear

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I am a novice, but I can set my Gear to vibrate or sound, from the Gear(watch)..Settings from the Gear
    Oh I already know about that. What I'm talking about is something like Phone Ringer for the Pebble; were you can silence or put you phone on vibrate with the watch.
    Ni Hammad likes this.