1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear and Note 2 help

I connected my new galaxy gear to my note 2 via the gear manager app, and the phone says that it is connected to gear but the gear only shows a loading screen with the watch a loading circle and a phone symbol, I don't think that my gear can connect to my note 2, anybody know what the problem might be? everything is up to date and the find my watch button on the app sends the sound and everything through so the phone can definitely communicate with the watch, the loading screen says that it couldn't connect to my note 2 after I turn off Bluetooth on my phone, I even updated the watch software with the manager app but right after it finished updating the watch went back to the loading screen, any ideas?

Default Re: Galaxy Gear and Note 2 help

just set my husbands gear up to his note 2. Wasn't as seamless as with my note 3,I did have to restart phone and watch a few times to get everything going and notifing the correct way.

Default Re: Galaxy Gear and Note 2 help

Try turning them both off and back on again. I had to reset mine during the initial setup to get them talking properly.

Quote Originally Posted by wj1920 View Post
    ... the loading screen says that it couldn't connect to my note 2 after I turn off Bluetooth on my phone...
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding here, but Bluetooth needs to be on for the phone and the watch to connect. If you turn it off on your phone then they have no way of communicating.