Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jlo3378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is Gear with Note II A Waste

I don't see a lot of positive information on this forum about the Note II and the gear.

I have the updated firmware on my Verizon Note II and I was going to get a gear today. However, everything I read says there are SVoice and other issues.

Should I not waste my time and money? Are these not the typical case for Note II and Gear users?

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Is Gear with Note II A Waste

I think you should give it a shot and see how it works for you. You can always return the Gear if it doesn't work out for you, but I think its worth the experience.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by FSchmitthammer View Post
    I don't see a lot of positive information on this forum about the Note II and the gear.

I have the updated firmware on my Verizon Note II and I was going to get a gear today. However, everything I read says there are SVoice and other issues.

Should I not waste my time and money? Are these not the typical case for Note II and Gear users?
    I really like SVoice and Voice Memo. Voice Memo puts the Memo up on your Note II so you can see the note and keep it as a reminder. Nice feature. Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by FSchmitthammer View Post

I don't think it is a waste for the simple fact, that Note 2 owners, will soon be Note 3 owners at some point time. Or they might just leap frog over the 3 and go to the Note 4..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks everybody! I just unpacked my gear! Let the playing begin!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Stop. Pack it up and take it back. No longer can I use the excuse that I didn't see my wife's message when she asks me to stop somewhere. It's turning into a real hassle!

All joking aside, I love mine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    DAS and nightelfdruid like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Haha..I guess excuse 167 is no longer valid!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

I have no issues right now with gear and my Note 2. Right now only issue i have is with the Runkeeper app not working correctly. It works fine on the phone, but after a brief spell, it hangs and watch says it quit responding. I haven't messed with the S voice yet, but planning on it. But i don't have any issues with the other stuff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ahrman View Post
    I have no issues right now with gear and my Note 2. Right now only issue i have is with the Runkeeper app not working correctly. It works fine on the phone, but after a brief spell, it hangs and watch says it quit responding. I haven't messed with the S voice yet, but planning on it. But i don't have any issues with the other stuff right now.
    I love mine especially the feature called watch styler.

It's great!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

The problem I have with my Note 2 and the Gear is carrier-specific rather than Note 2-specific. AT&T puts you in a catch-22 bind -- to use the Gear with the Note 2, you have to update to stock 4.3. But once you do update to 4.3, you can no longer BT tether (or get mobile hotspot) with FoxFi, meaning you can't get a direct Internet connection to your Gear (and use various apps that require direct Internet).
    Galaxy Note II stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

FoxFi pushed an update that gets around the blocking of tethering on 4.3. It's working on my vzw note 2. I'd assume at&t is similar as both carriers are fascists when it comes to tethering

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

yes i love my gear and note2 together