Gear watch won't charge or turn on!

Mlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought the watch right when it came out. It has given me 0 issues. About a month ago I put it away and haven't used it since I went back to work in the oil fields and figured that wouldn't be a good place for it.

Now that I'm home for the holidays I took it out of my drawer and tries to turn it on. Got notbing, figure it's dead. So I placed it in the charger. The charging screen popped on for a second then went off. Didn't think much of it since it is probably totally drained.

About 5 hours later I go back to the watch, take it off the charger and try to turn it on. Nothing happens. I keep trying and nothing keeps happening. So I put it back on the charger. Nothing. I grab a different cord to charge it. Nothing happens.

The watch is on the pins the correct way, I've tried multiple outlets and cords. This is starting to become upsetting. Please anyone with any suggestions on what to do that would be awesome.

James Taasevigen

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
i am having the exact same problem, i didnt wear the watch for about a week, or maybe longer, put the watch on the charger before i went to bed, i even saw the charge symbol pop up before i put it down, went to bed, woke up and tried to put my watch on, tried to turn it on, nothing, tried to charge it, nothing, tried a different cable, nothing, exactly what has happened to you i would think, ive been trying all morning to get a response from the watch and still nothing, does anyone have a fix for this? or know what is happening?

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Make sure the charging pads on the watch are clean. Open and close the latch a few times as well. I'm having the same issue but working around it.

Posted via Android Central App

bladerealm124

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought the watch right when it came out. It has given me 0 issues. About a month ago I put it away and haven't used it since I went back to work in the oil fields and figured that wouldn't be a good place for it.

Now that I'm home for the holidays I took it out of my drawer and tries to turn it on. Got notbing, figure it's dead. So I placed it in the charger. The charging screen popped on for a second then went off. Didn't think much of it since it is probably totally drained.

About 5 hours later I go back to the watch, take it off the charger and try to turn it on. Nothing happens. I keep trying and nothing keeps happening. So I put it back on the charger. Nothing. I grab a different cord to charge it. Nothing happens.

The watch is on the pins the correct way, I've tried multiple outlets and cords. This is starting to become upsetting. Please anyone with any suggestions on what to do that would be awesome.

Also having this issue after not using my gear for a few days. Tried two different chargers, cleaning the contacts, and reconnecting several times. Hope someone figures this out, have seen several threads about it recently

gazzaabc

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days

vemon1

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi had this issue also spent 3 hours trying to figure it out as had just got gear out of its box at very first plugging charger in a quick image appeared on screen then off after that nothing. Eventually being as carefully as possible while gear was in charging dock still plugged in i opened the lid not once did i move gear off contacts but did give sight wiggle then it came to life appears to me its a docking problem of some sort. of course I DON'T RECOMMEND opening lid while charging but thought id pass on what i figured out do at your own risk, I hope this helps others with this issue

SSG61P

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days

Tried your advice and it finally started to re-charge. Wish I did this 24 hours ago, was getting really frustrated!! THANKS!

Jerome Buckner

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi had this issue also spent 3 hours trying to figure it out as had just got gear out of its box at very first plugging charger in a quick image appeared on screen then off after that nothing. Eventually being as carefully as possible while gear was in charging dock still plugged in i opened the lid not once did i move gear off contacts but did give sight wiggle then it came to life appears to me its a docking problem of some sort. of course I DON'T RECOMMEND opening lid while charging but thought id pass on what i figured out do at your own risk, I hope this helps others with this issue

- - - Updated - - -

That worked

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
One day last week, I went to put my Gear on and it was dead. No amount of coaxing would get it to do anything, so I called Samsung tech support. They were very friendly and courteous, emailed a pre-paid UPS shipping label to sent it in for warranty repairs. Just got an email saying it's on its way back to me. Here's what they said they did: REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED LCD - REPLACED PBA - REPLACED COSMETIC. So whatever all that means, I should have it by Wednesday or so.

Greg 3

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem. Hadn't used the Gear for a few weeks. Went to charge it and nothing happened.
Plugged into the laptop started to charge immediately.
Thank you!:)

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i had this problem, called samsung.....they emailed a shipping label and i sent it off. got it back fixed in about a week. service was quick and painless....

gary8988

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem and I ended up cleaning the contacts which solved the problem. It seems that any minute buildup on the contacts, sweat, dirt, etc will cause bad contact

douggrif

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Simply hold your "input" button on until you get a reset message (about five seconds). Your watch will reset and you will not lose any of your settings.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok here is my issue, I just got the note 4 and linked the 2 together, it hooked up fine, all day yesterday it worked, then halfway through the day the phone disconnected from the watch and the screen on the watch went black, never to turn on again. I have tried everything. Do you think it had something to do with the phone? I am stumped and really sad because this watch is about a year old. I have tried all solutions stated above.

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok here is my issue, I just got the note 4 and linked the 2 together, it hooked up fine, all day yesterday it worked, then halfway through the day the phone disconnected from the watch and the screen on the watch went black, never to turn on again. I have tried everything. Do you think it had something to do with the phone? I am stumped and really sad because this watch is about a year old. I have tried all solutions stated above.
Sounds like the battery went dead. Make sure all of your charging pin holes are clean and free from gunk.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I keep the watch pretty clean, I have had it since day 1 so it makes sense that the battery could have went bad. I will send it back to Samsung and see what they can do.

SalPugliese

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the same problem started 4-5 days ago too. My watch just went dead,tried to charge it ( a full charge) got 100% but once I turned it on,and check the settings I could see the 100% display ticking down real fast (like I lost 6% in seconds).Now my watches battery doesn't last more than 30 mins . ANY ADVISE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante