1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default trying to justify buying a GG

Will the GG support any apps that are good for golfing. Looking to see if it can give me distance to the hole. Good golf gps app. Does the GG have a built-in gps. Looking also for running app that I do not need to carry my S4 with me on my run.

Posted via Android Central App
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Default Re: trying to justify buying a GG

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Attaway View Post
    Will the GG support any apps that are good for golfing. Looking to see if it can give me distance to the hole. Good golf gps app. Does the GG have a built-in gps. Looking also for running app that I do not need to carry my S4 with me on my run.

I cannot speak to the Golfing needs you have, but regarding the use of the GG during a run without the S4, I would say why would you want to do that? The GG is primarily an accessory to your smartphone.

Like you, I am a runner. I run between 125-150 miles per month. I use the Galaxy Note 3 and the GG. The app I use to track my runs is Endomondo. I am an early, early morning runner. When I'm out running the GG is right on my risk ensuring I do not miss any messages or phone calls I might receive while out running. I can strap my GN3 to my arm and not have to look at it again until I'm through or stop to pull it out of the armband to take a call or respond to a text message.

I wish Endomondo had a companion app for the Gear, but for now it is doing just what it was designed to do. There are some running apps in the Samsung App Store like MyFitnessPal, RunKeeper, and Runtastic PRO. With the exception of Runtastic PRO I think the others can be used without the phone, and will then sync up once the two devices are connected again.

Please understand that the GG is not a stand alone device. It's an accessory. A wonderful accessory which I'm confident you'll enjoy, but it works best when connected to the phone.

Theres a lite version of that.. You have to buy the Gear optimized version on the Samsung App Store that you get inside the Gear Manager App for your phone. Seems pretty fancy. Just posting the Play link so you can get an idea.

Here's a link to the Navi Golf app demonstrated on the Gear.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Attaway View Post

Haven't tried golf app but I've done runs and bike rides and tried using Runkeeper, but in every run/ride I've gotten a message on my phone that says Runkeeper has quit responding would I like to close. Now, after that happens it will resync with the phone and display will match the watch. I've sent a message to the group that does Map my run to see if it will ever work on gear. No response yet

Jim