New owner, 2 odd probs

Brandon Middleton1

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I just setup the gg yesterday paired with my note 3. My first problem is that I do not receive any notifications other than missed calls. I have the 'notifications' in settings switched on. Problem 2 is that the Samsung app store does not seem to have available all of the apps it should have, such as snapchat micro. Any ideas?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just setup the gg yesterday paired with my note 3. My first problem is that I do not receive any notifications other than missed calls. I have the 'notifications' in settings switched on. Problem 2 is that the Samsung app store does not seem to have available all of the apps it should have, such as snapchat micro. Any ideas?

Select notifications/more notifications?" Under the heading of more notifications is a host of other applications that will allow you to receive notifications.

I don't use Snapchat, but I do know it was once there. They must have removed it because I do not see it listed under any of the categories anymore.

AJErvin12

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why it would not be showing, but I am showing Snap chat under Social Networking.

Posted with my Galaxy S4 using the Android Central App

Brandon Middleton1

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had every notification checked (except weather). I do, however, use Gmail instead of the generic 'email' and I use handscent instead of the stock text app. Do I need to download Gmail, hangout, Facebook, handscent, etc in order to get notifications? If so, where can I download those to the gg?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
@ Brandon. It is my understanding that if you want notifications on the Gear then the app must be installed on the phone.

I would suggest installing Gmail, Facebook and any other app you desire to receive notifications for.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Also, are you using any type of password protection app?

If so, these apps sometimes interfere with how the GG is designed to work.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
@Brandon. I believe the Gmail app is in the Google Play Store.

Do you not have the Gmail app installed on the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1