Gear Manager Update

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I received a pop-up this morning that Gear Manager needed to update. After updating, I got another pop-up saying something along the lines of Gear needing to access my Gmail (or Google account). When I restored my settings, Gmail notifications were no longer checked, so my guess is that they updated Gmail notifications, but I'm not seeing anything different.

Anyone else seeing any changes?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I received a 12meg update this morning and have not noticed anything different? yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

justsumguru

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It would had been nice if there was info on what the update addresses (change log.) I have not had any issues before this update notified me it was available and I almost hate to update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update.. then after it installed the update it asked if I wanted to restore settings from a previous backup... trying to notice some difference, but so far.. not sure. The only 1 thing that caught my eye was, on the agreements, i don't remember seeing a section previously that said about .. and i don't remember the exact words... but along the lines of, sending/uploading errors/crashes to samsung to help debug problems/issues. I don't remember seeing that before.. so not sure if they introduced more/new debugging options for apps... i could be totally off my rocker to

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I received the update and the biggest change I noticed was in the Samsung App store.

There are a lot more categories to choose from. I suspect quite a few more apps will be coming soon.

Also, there are some new kids games. I haven't installed any, but for those who play games go to the app store inside the Gear Manager and check it out.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Boy.. your lucky.. i see no new categories or games or apps at all.

There are actually 24 categories now in the app store. Most are empty, but it's nice to see more categories. It can only mean more apps to come.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If I can figure out how to add a screen shot I'll show you all.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected. I apologize for the confusion.

I know I'm not going crazy and the additional categories were there, but when I just went to take a screen shot I now only see the original 7?

I'm sorry for the false alarm. I knew I should have taken the screenshot when I first saw it. :what:

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected. I apologize for the confusion.

I know I'm not going crazy and the additional categories were there, but when I just went to take a screen shot I now only see the original 7?

I'm sorry for the false alarm. I knew I should have taken the screenshot when I first saw it. :what:

Were you perhaps looking at the main Samsung App store by mistake? That obviously has a lot more categories in it. It's annoying that Samsung made them both look really similar.

raydawgone

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I received that update about 4days ago. I did notice two new apps. I downloaded 1 which was cnn app the other one I forget what it was. After reading this thread I went to my gear manager and noticed that the cnn app was gone from samsung app.store. it's still on my gear manager and galaxy gear but it never worked properly. It reads no connection from my watch.

Last edited:

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The other app was Map my Hike/run/back.. as soon as i saw it i tried to download.. but could never get it installed. The Runkeeper app doesn't work right on the watch. Works fine on phone, but I've tried multiple times either on a run or on a bike ride.. and after the first 1/2 mile or mile, it comes up on my watch saying that Runkeeper has quit responding... so right now.. no working app for watch for running/biking.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran 3 5k's this past fall and used run keeper all 3 times. It was great,, run keeper on the watch helped me run my fastest time, under 28,because I was able to constantly watch my pace.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't disagree that it helps.. i've been using a Garmin Forerunner for years. I'll uninstall it and try again.. but so far no luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane