Galaxy Gear (calls) - audio in phone's headphones, while using the watch's microphone?

AuroraAtNight

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Basically what the title asks; is it possible to take an incoming call and make it so the audio comes from the headphones that are plugged into the phone and still use the microphone in the Galaxy Gear smartwatch? - In cases where you don't want to take the phone out of your pocket and don't want to have other people listen to your conversation.

PS. I don't have a bluetooth headset and neither can I afford one, sorry

Kind regards, I'm greatful for any help!

roar9

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't think that is possible but now with the update when u answer with watch there is the option to push the call to phone so it will go through your ear piece so it works for my blue tooth headset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

AuroraAtNight

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Would you happen to know of a bluetooth headset with good sound quality (music-wise)? I can't recall ever having used any so I'm not sure where to start, my current headset is a pair of "Jays a-Jays Three" and I'm looking for something in that "sound quality"-range :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Basically what the title asks; is it possible to take an incoming call and make it so the audio comes from the headphones that are plugged into the phone and still use the microphone in the Galaxy Gear smartwatch? - In cases where you don't want to take the phone out of your pocket and don't want to have other people listen to your conversation.

I am not buying that can't afford stuff! :D They have blue tooth headsets $10 on Ebay and other sources! :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

kiruoma

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Search for "Soundabout" on the playstore, it may be able to do what you want. If not, just ask the developer, he is pretty responsive.

AuroraAtNight

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am not buying that can't afford stuff! :D They have blue tooth headsets $10 on Ebay and other sources! :D

How's the sound quality on $10 headsets though? I mainly use headphones to listen to music :)

But you can afford a 300.00 watch. Yeah ok.

Posted via Android Central App

The watch came with the phone (Galaxy Note 3) - also bought the phone on a subscription

Gonna check them out, but I'm a bit worried that a $8 headset will provide good audio quality for music (also forgot I live in Sweden, so shipping probably isn't as cheap) :p

Search for "Soundabout" on the playstore, it may be able to do what you want. If not, just ask the developer, he is pretty responsive.

Thanks, will look into that also! :)

Sakura87

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Hi, mate!
I have the same issue with my Galaxy Gear - want to use it in the car with phone connected to the sound system by AUX (same logic as with headphones), and speak the the Gear's microphone) So, have you found the solution? Could you share it with me, please)
Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm