Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Therealm80
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear (calls) - audio in phone's headphones, while using the watch's microphone?

Basically what the title asks; is it possible to take an incoming call and make it so the audio comes from the headphones that are plugged into the phone and still use the microphone in the Galaxy Gear smartwatch? - In cases where you don't want to take the phone out of your pocket and don't want to have other people listen to your conversation.

PS. I don't have a bluetooth headset and neither can I afford one, sorry

Kind regards, I'm greatful for any help!

Default Re: Galaxy Gear (calls) - audio in phone's headphones, while using the watch's microphone?

As far as I know, that is not possible. Would be cool though.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy Gear (calls) - audio in phone's headphones, while using the watch's microphone?

Don't think that is possible but now with the update when u answer with watch there is the option to push the call to phone so it will go through your ear piece so it works for my blue tooth headset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Would you happen to know of a bluetooth headset with good sound quality (music-wise)? I can't recall ever having used any so I'm not sure where to start, my current headset is a pair of "Jays a-Jays Three" and I'm looking for something in that "sound quality"-range

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraAtNight View Post
    Basically what the title asks; is it possible to take an incoming call and make it so the audio comes from the headphones that are plugged into the phone and still use the microphone in the Galaxy Gear smartwatch? - In cases where you don't want to take the phone out of your pocket and don't want to have other people listen to your conversation.

PS. I don't have a bluetooth headset and neither can I afford one, sorry

Kind regards, I'm greatful for any help!
    I am not buying that can't afford stuff! They have blue tooth headsets $10 on Ebay and other sources!

But you can afford a 300.00 watch. Yeah ok.

Live2ride883 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraAtNight View Post
    Would you happen to know of a bluetooth headset with good sound quality (music-wise)? I can't recall ever having used any so I'm not sure where to start, my current headset is a pair of "Jays a-Jays Three" and I'm looking for something in that "sound quality"-range
    Here are some bluetooth headsets, at $8 shipped

Search for "Soundabout" on the playstore, it may be able to do what you want. If not, just ask the developer, he is pretty responsive.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I am not buying that can't afford stuff! They have blue tooth headsets $10 on Ebay and other sources!
    How's the sound quality on $10 headsets though? I mainly use headphones to listen to music

Quote Originally Posted by Therealm80 View Post
    But you can afford a 300.00 watch. Yeah ok.

The watch came with the phone (Galaxy Note 3) - also bought the phone on a subscription

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Here are some bluetooth headsets, at $8 shipped
    Gonna check them out, but I'm a bit worried that a $8 headset will provide good audio quality for music (also forgot I live in Sweden, so shipping probably isn't as cheap)

Quote Originally Posted by kiruoma View Post
    Search for "Soundabout" on the playstore, it may be able to do what you want. If not, just ask the developer, he is pretty responsive.
    Thanks, will look into that also!