Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By fstubbsjr
  • 1 Post By zmann
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default So Happy!

After reading numerous reviews of how this product was not ready for prime time and how over priced it was, I decided to do the same thing I did concerning the Note, Note 2 and Note 3; I bought one several days ago. I can honestly say that I am thrilled with my purchase! I have always been an early adopter. Not giving away my age, but people thought I was wasting money when I bought a palm pilot! I think most people become frustrated with the gear because they had unrealistic expectations. However, there is nothing else that does what the gear does. In fact, I compare it's primary functionality with Google Glass; it delivers notifications. Through the delivery of notifications, I have a filter. I can decide whether reading something is worth my time. In addition, all of the communications are delivered in realtime. THINK ABOUT THE POWER OF THAT! In the past, I only knew that I had an email when I looked at my email, now the gear notifies me of email. I've had the gear for less than 4 days, and already there have been two updates. This shows, in my opinion, comittment from Samsung. The gear fits my life perfectly. I often leave my phone in my bag while driving. This morning when I was running late, I was able to make a phone call to inform them that I was going to be late, all without picking up or touching the phone.
    I do understand that the Gear is not for everyone. Neither is the Note 3. For that matter, smart phones themselves are not for everyone. However, when one realizes the capabilities of what this device offers, it is nothing short of amazing! Being 50 years old, I have seen technology in it's infancy. Having served 24 years in the Navy and now working in information security, I am not new to technology. I saw drones before they were popular and worked with military versions of google glass used for reading technical manuals. I have seen this story play out over and over. Initial technologies are met with resentment and criticism. Then, people began to understand the technology and see how it can improve their lives. Next, acceptance of the technology occurs. You know, it's the guy next door who thought you wasted a lot of money on a wireless router when CAT 5 cable will do, or the boss who said that computers were just a passing phase. Anyway, I love this thing. Yes, it's been challenging; it took me several times to get the Gmail notifications (and now there is another update out).
    So, for those who moan and complain about what this device can't do, when you feel that vibration on your arm from a notification; give it credit for what it can do! The future is unlimited because the power is not in the watch; the power is in the phone, and as we all know that power is unlimited! I had an idea; what about a notification when coming in proximity of red light cameras (GPS controlled)? What about notifications of when you are speeding? Yeah, its possible with GPS on the phone measuring speed and location and conditional programming. What about notifications from the car itself such as oil changes, maintenance requirements and low tire pressure? Modules could be built to transmit and recieve data from the vehicle. The sky is the limit! There will be fortunes made. The Rolex, I haven't worn it lately; it just tells time and cost a lot more than 300 dollars....
    Thanked by 2:
    rsminW4LNY 
    DAS and W4LNY like this.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Re: So Happy!

I totally agree with ya!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Don't worry, if you ever get lonely for the Rolex, we have a face for that And pretty much any other watch ever made.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Yeah I love mine; and as for the over priced excuse, I was browsing watches on amazon and saw watches for over a grand. I say the price is right for this watch that does so much more!

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by fstubbsjr View Post
    After reading numerous reviews of how this product was not ready for prime time and how over priced it was, I decided to do the same thing I did concerning the Note, Note 2 and Note 3; I bought one several days ago. I can honestly say that I am thrilled with my purchase! I have always been an early adopter. Not giving away my age, but people thought I was wasting money when I bought a palm pilot! I think most people become frustrated with the gear because they had unrealistic expectations. However, there is nothing else that does what the gear does. In fact, I compare it's primary functionality with Google Glass; it delivers notifications. Through the delivery of notifications, I have a filter. I can decide whether reading something is worth my time. In addition, all of the communications are delivered in realtime. THINK ABOUT THE POWER OF THAT! In the past, I only knew that I had an email when I looked at my email, now the gear notifies me of email. I've had the gear for less than 4 days, and already there have been two updates. This shows, in my opinion, comittment from Samsung. The gear fits my life perfectly. I often leave my phone in my bag while driving. This morning when I was running late, I was able to make a phone call to inform them that I was going to be late, all without picking up or touching the phone.
    I do understand that the Gear is not for everyone. Neither is the Note 3. For that matter, smart phones themselves are not for everyone. However, when one realizes the capabilities of what this device offers, it is nothing short of amazing! Being 50 years old, I have seen technology in it's infancy. Having served 24 years in the Navy and now working in information security, I am not new to technology. I saw drones before they were popular and worked with military versions of google glass used for reading technical manuals. I have seen this story play out over and over. Initial technologies are met with resentment and criticism. Then, people began to understand the technology and see how it can improve their lives. Next, acceptance of the technology occurs. You know, it's the guy next door who thought you wasted a lot of money on a wireless router when CAT 5 cable will do, or the boss who said that computers were just a passing phase. Anyway, I love this thing. Yes, it's been challenging; it took me several times to get the Gmail notifications (and now there is another update out).
    So, for those who moan and complain about what this device can't do, when you feel that vibration on your arm from a notification; give it credit for what it can do! The future is unlimited because the power is not in the watch; the power is in the phone, and as we all know that power is unlimited! I had an idea; what about a notification when coming in proximity of red light cameras (GPS controlled)? What about notifications of when you are speeding? Yeah, its possible with GPS on the phone measuring speed and location and conditional programming. What about notifications from the car itself such as oil changes, maintenance requirements and low tire pressure? Modules could be built to transmit and recieve data from the vehicle. The sky is the limit! There will be fortunes made. The Rolex, I haven't worn it lately; it just tells time and cost a lot more than 300 dollars....
    I'll be honest, I usually see a long post like this and don't make it past 7 or 8 lines lol. What you wrote was very interesting and Very true. I agree with you 100 percent. I will never complain about what these devices can't do. I am still amazed at what they can do. I remember not to long ago the little snake game on my Nokia was considered amazing lol.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Ni Hammad likes this.