Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 2 Post By mrwallyy
  • 1 Post By chjackson
  • 3 Post By ansextra
  • 4 Post By JasW
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Awkward?

This might seem kinda weird, but does anyone else feel awkward wearing and using the Gear in public? Not talking about the way it looks, maybe I'm just a shy person, but I cringe every time someone points it out "omg is that the new Samsung watch???" I guess I just hate sitting there explaining what it can do and how much I bought it for, etc. Even when I get a notification in public, I don't like checking it on my watch because I feel people will judge "look at him showing it off!"

Is that weird? Does anyone else feel like that?

HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    This might seem kinda weird, but does anyone else feel awkward wearing and using the Gear in public? Not talking about the way it looks, maybe I'm just a shy person, but I cringe every time someone points it out "omg is that the new Samsung watch???" I guess I just hate sitting there explaining what it can do and how much I bought it for, etc. Even when I get a notification in public, I don't like checking it on my watch because I feel people will judge "look at him showing it off!"

I have a Sony smartwatch 2 and it seems weird at first to look at your watch for stuff. All I can say is, haters gonna hate :P

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    EuroSlut likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The worst part is when they find out it has a camera and they go "oooooooh sneaky."
    tachyon1 and wizzrah like this.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

The worst part is when they find out it has a camera and they go "oooooooh sneaky."
    Haha that's funny

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

It's a lot of fun when my wife gives me a call or text and people look and say "wow you can answer with the watch"? I laughed and say oh yeah.....

Note 3 user
    wizzrah likes this.

Lol has happened to me 3 times

Posted via Android Central App

For me half the fun of getting a new toy is telling other people about it so they want one too...I don't mind explaining what the Gear does and it's great when it actually gets a notification when I'm in the middle of showing it to someone...

Does not bother me. The people who say things are the jealous Ones.. Couple of trainers at my gym just yesterday asked me if that was the Samsung watch and started asking me questions. They were interested in the perdometer and really were impressed when I was showing them how it all worked..

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

I always seem to get people asking me about the Gear and they all seem really interested in it.... maybe because i work in retail. LOL

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Brain > Settings > Sensitivity

Set it to a lower number. It's obviously set way too high.
    Galaxy Note II stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Brain > Settings > Sensitivity

Set it to a lower number. It's obviously set way too high.
    100% agreed! I'm trying.