Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fleksy lets you type for the first time on a Galaxy Gear smartwatch

Just saw this...Not sure if it's a workable solution or not but figured I'd share:

Fleksy lets you type for the first time on a Galaxy Gear smartwatch (hands-on) | The Verge
    Sambo41 likes this.

Default Re: Fleksy lets you type for the first time on a Galaxy Gear smartwatch

Nice find. I going to give it a go I think

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

It's a pretty nice alternative. I was using Google keyboard which worked pretty well. This keyboard looks like a better solution.

Works well but your options are limited. I'd love to be able to use it for texting but I don't think that's an option unless anyone knows a way.

Also had to reboot my phone after side loading it to get the keyboard to show up.

Global Posts
    6,125 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    Works well but your options are limited. I'd love to be able to use it for texting but I don't think that's an option unless anyone knows a way.

Also had to reboot my phone after side loading it to get the keyboard to show up.

I'm presuming it will be most useful -- a relative term here -- for those who can get BT tethering (and thus get Internet) on their GG. You can adb install anything to the GG, so I imagine there would be some messaging apps that would work. For us AT&T users, though, BT tethering is out for now, leaving us with only apps that don't need Internet.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post

Yeah I was thinking about this myself. So far I know you can text through S Voice, but it would be really nice to be able to text using this keyboard. If not, what else can it be used for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk