Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear: Flesky

How can you side load Flesky to your gear. How do you side load the APK on the Gear I'm not rooted nor I don't want to be rooted. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-14-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Default Re: Flesky

You need to get ADB (Android Debug Bridge) set up on your PC so you can sideload by just connecting your Gear to the PC and adb installing the apk file from whatever directory you've put it in on your PC.

This guide for installing the Nova Launcher on the Gear will help (obviously, substitute the Flesky apk for the Nova apk): How to Install Nova Launcher on Your Samsung Galaxy Gear

Note that the USB debug option is not visible on some GGs. This YouTube video will explain how to make it visible:
    Galaxy Note II SGH-i317 stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.3
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)

I successfully put my GG in USB debugging mode, downloaded the drivers and adb to my laptop. Had no problem sideloading the Flesky apk Yo my gear.

But what are people using it for? When receiving a Txt, the only options to respond are to send a preset message, or using SVoice.

From what I've read over at xda, it only works when also sideloading tablet talk. It received mixed feedback.

Anyone successfully using the keyboard using anything else?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP ROM...

Quote Originally Posted by chefmorry View Post
    I successfully put my GG in USB debugging mode, downloaded the drivers and adb to my laptop. Had no problem sideloading the Flesky apk Yo my gear.

But what are people using it for? When receiving a Txt, the only options to respond are to send a preset message, or using SVoice.

From what I've read over at xda, it only works when also sideloading tablet talk. It received mixed feedback.

Anyone successfully using the keyboard using anything else?

I'm able to reply back on hangouts from my gear but I I'm blue tooth tethering

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    THE WORLD IS YOURS

Default Re: Galaxy Gear: Flesky

Thanks for the thread. I too would like to sideload Flesky, can someone else also confirm you can't use the keyboard to freely type on text messages?!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Confirmed you can't

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks area and chefmorry. Then what purpose is for?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

You can type texts on the gear using tablettalk. With null Rom it has stock keyboard and predictable text is good.