Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ni Hammad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Its official, gear 2 by April

Lee Young the EVP of Samsung mobile confirmed to Bloomberg today that the gear 2 will launch with the Galaxy s5 in March/April time frame citing it being lighter, slimmer, and less bulky with more advanced features and improvements. Very excited to see what they come up with. Here's a link.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Its official, gear 2 by April

I think I'm not going to think anything until I actually see what they come up with...

Be interesting to see what they come up with.

Posted via Android Central App

Guess i am just stuck enjoying the crap out of my Gear One!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well I meant what does everyone think in terms of such a quick turnaround on release of the second installment. I think a sleeker design and better implemented software is all the original gear lacked.

Well as for me, I'm not too upset about it. I got my gear for 200 and could probably still make profit off of it in April if I decide to buy the new one. Can't wait to see what they come out with.

DCSholtis likes this.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

So was the Gear 1 just a glorified beta test? Lol

I never did pick one up and now I just will probably pass entirely

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The size of the current Gear doesn't bother me....I wore big and bulky watches before because I'm a big man. If they make it even smaller and less bulky it may look like a ladies watch on me. Smaller and slimmer is more for smaller people (ladies) and big and bulky is for bigger people (men). IMHO
    I just want better battery life and more apps please.

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post

More like "early adapters".
    I think someone is jealous......

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post

No it's like every other 1st of a kind product. Meanwhile I have a Gear that I'm very happy with right now. Maybe I'll get the update when it comes out. Maybe I won't. Time will tell. I love the concept though!

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

I still love the concept too. I'm tempted to save towards the 2.0 though.

Jealous? Probably. I was willing to put the money down when I preordered my Note 3 but the Verizon Premium Retailer I went through never got it done. I guess they didn't want the sale.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I'd love to see a built in sms app that allows you to reply with text instead of only by voice to messages received. I used tablet talk on my gear one and it worked pretty well but it was an extra step I felt it didn't need.

Yup...as I've said in other threads, gear 2 will be announced in Barcelona end of Feb. A couple ppl called BS, but I believe that's when we will know specs, etc.

Idk bout the people that don't like I personally love mine the charge isn't the best but not the worst like come on your still gonna be wearing the watch while your at home I don't. simple charge it when your at home and when you leave take it off the charger

DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pmr6644 View Post
    I'd love to see a built in sms app that allows you to reply with text instead of only by voice to messages received. I used tablet talk on my gear one and it worked pretty well but it was an extra step I felt it didn't need.
    You can reply by text. I never use S-Voice to reply. In the Gear Manager you can set up as many predetermined responses you'd like. I have about 20 or so (e.g., Yes. No. Maybe. No Problem. Please call me later, I'm busy right now. Please call me later, I'm driving right now. Okay. Okay, no problem. Thank you. Sounds Good. You're welcome. etc.)

This feature makes responding to sms messages on the Gear so easy, and it really works well.