Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear Offline - HELP!!!

O.K. so I've rooted and modded several of my other Android devices but this Galaxy Gear is making me want to throw it against the wall!!! I am running into one stumbling block after another modding this device. I wanted to initially install one of the Null roms but I could not get the device to accept the custom recovery after rooting it. The watch would just keep resetting itself causing me to have to re-install everything over and over again. Then, I was trying to install SU using Wondershare MobileGo but no app would install due to the error "Failed to analyze source link" and no one could help me to resolve that one. NOW, as I'm trying to simply install apps sideloaded via adb/terminal (on a MacBook Pro) I can't do it because the Gear keeps showing up as "offline"!!!! As I research this NEW problem, folks are saying to resolve it they had to update their SDK. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!.....

My Gear is currently rooted, and I think I've finally found a solution to my FIRST problem (the re-setting issue), but will need to access the Gear via adb again in order to send commands (but the Gear still keeps showing up as "offline" in adb). THIS IS CRAZY!

Can anyone HELP!?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy Gear Offline - HELP!!!

Nevermind...

how did you figure it out? im not rooted but continue to have this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo Chapa View Post
    how did you figure it out? im not rooted but continue to have this issue
    root it then flash mk7 for some reason twrp on other firmware version is not sticking.