Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dt81
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Default I may possibly be returning my Gear....

I was excited to get the Gear...Everytime I went to go look at it I would talk myself out of it because of the price. On Saturday I just decided to get it. I work at an airport so my phone is in my pocket and it would be nice to get my notifications/phone calls on the watch. I do like the watch but however the ONLY thing I do not like is that I only get a preview of my messeges and I can not read the entire messege. It shows the first two sentences and then a "show on device" button. If there is a way to change that where I can read my entire messege on the watch, then I will keep this but....What's the point of having this if I just have to read it on my device anyways...So I hope you guys can help.

Default Re: I may possibly be returning my Gear....

Have you updated the firmware already? Mine only shows a preview, too, but it's a lot longer than 2 sentences.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Well...E-mails are longer than 2 lines. Im a hue Kik person and that only shows 2 lines. I actually JUST got a FB notification but for a birthday event which I dont ever get notifications for on FB but I dont get any for comments. Anyways...Im still in the air about it. It's really 50/50 right now...I dunno. :-/

Honestly, I find the notifications worthless. If it were my reason for buying the watch, I'd return it too. I've rooted and an enjoying hacking it.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I'll give you 200$ for it...

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

I can return it for the full 320.00 I paid.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spookiewon View Post
    Honestly, I find the notifications worthless. If it were my reason for buying the watch, I'd return it too. I've rooted and an enjoying hacking it.
    What are the things that u love about it now that you are rooted.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Return it then...

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dt81 View Post
    I can return it for the full 320.00 I paid.

If you paid full retail for it, return it. Even if you love it, return it and bull it elsewhere. There are WAY too many deals on the Gear right now to pay full retail.

Quote Originally Posted by dt81 View Post
    I was excited to get the Gear...Everytime I went to go look at it I would talk myself out of it because of the price. On Saturday I just decided to get it. I work at an airport so my phone is in my pocket and it would be nice to get my notifications/phone calls on the watch. I do like the watch but however the ONLY thing I do not like is that I only get a preview of my messeges and I can not read the entire messege. It shows the first two sentences and then a "show on device" button. If there is a way to change that where I can read my entire messege on the watch, then I will keep this but....What's the point of having this if I just have to read it on my device anyways...So I hope you guys can help.
    I paid 199 for mine when I upgraded to the Note 3. But your situation sounds similar to mine. I get notifications on my phone and I am in a classroom. Its awkward to pull it out all the time and read it, when I get a vibrate on my watch, I just subtly glance at the watch. I had a hard time rationalizing the purchase of the watch the first 2 weeks and went back and forth about keeping it. Then I compared it against the Pebble and almost bought that one to compare it as well. Now that I have worn this device for a month, I am not sure that I can go back to a normal watch. Additionally, I have seen some improvements over the last month that convinced me to keep it. Its still new. It just came out in September or October and there are still improvements coming. I would just keep it and see what happens. Some people compare it to a watch and that its not. The watch is a small element of the larger picture.I found myself comparing it to a watch all the time and I had to retrain my brain.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

I decided to keep it. I rooted it and installed the Null ROM and now I can use the internet on it, FB, instagram..With Nova Launcher its set up just like my phone.
    tech_fan likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bearda View Post
    If you paid full retail for it, return it. Even if you love it, return it and bull it elsewhere. There are WAY too many deals on the Gear right now to pay full retail.
    Where are some of these deals???

Keep your eyes open. I paid $199.95 for my refurb on Christmas Eve and the same place (A4C) had them on sale again the other day for the same price. Just check around.