Galaxy Gear: Really disappointed ...just not sure who with

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's 1 thing for an app to say it works and it quit working 1.5 miles into a run. But this is different. I like the map my run and bike apps. I never tried to install it on the gear. But what really irks the crap out of me is the damn gear uninstalling apps on its own.
To test it, go into play store download either gps my run or bike my ride.after I of those then open gear manager

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Really disappointed ...just not sure who with

I have run many 5ks with run keeper with no issues at all.. Worked great.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I've uninstalled reset my phone and every time my gear comes back and says it's not responding. Only thing left is reset watch

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I have run many 5ks with run keeper with no issues at all.. Worked great.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

I run many miles a month and like you I have had no issues with RunKeeper.

In fact, I stopped using Endomondo to track my runs. The GG and RunKeeper work really well together.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Well, I did 3 short miles in cold today and it quit responding. Just a little bit ago I did a reset of my watch and re-installed it to see. Guess tomorrow or Sunday I'll see if it worked.

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I reinstalled mapmyrun and mapmyride on my phone and even after reset of phone and watch I open gear manager...it still uninstalls both those apps from my phone...

mekelle

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

I run many miles a month and like you I have had no issues with RunKeeper.

In fact, I stopped using Endomondo to track my runs. The GG and RunKeeper work really well together.

Hello,
don?t you have any problems running with the gear? i mean, because of the sweat and the bottom metal contacts of the watch?

many thanks for you opinion

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Hello,
don?t you have any problems running with the gear? i mean, because of the sweat and the bottom metal contacts of the watch?

many thanks for you opinion

No, no problems with sweat here. What problems are you having? I am using the GG for my runs quite successfully......

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

and how do you clean your watch? after every run, all the sweat, etc?

Hello mekelle.

I have had absolutely no problems at all with perspiration impacting the functionality of the GG. Remember the Gear is water resistant, so any perspiration you accumulate while working out will not cause problems.

As to how to clean it. I actually use a very small dab of dishwasher soap on a paper towel to clean the underside and wrist band. I gently rub the surface and under light running water I rinse the soap off.

I've had the Gear since launch day and it still looks and works like new.

mekelle

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank You Das.
Tell me one more thing. .do you use any protection on the gear? And what about the note 3? Any case on the note?

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 atrav?s de Tapatalk

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank You Das.
Tell me one more thing. .do you use any protection on the gear? And what about the note 3? Any case on the note?

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 atrav?s de Tapatalk

I do not use any protection (cases, screen protectors, etc.) on the Gear or my Note 3. I like to hold and use my devices as the manufacturer intended. When I'm out on a run I do place the Note in an armband case since it's just to big and uncomfortable to carry in my hand during a long run. But other than that I take my devices out of the box and use them bare.

mekelle

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank you DAS.
I know there are some screen protectors on sale for the gear.
About the Note 3, i?m so afraid to use it without any case....i love the feeling using it completed naked.
How about any scratch on the camera, if you use it with no protection? do you have any? you put the note 3 on the top of tables?

many thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs