Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By UsedName
  • 2 Post By ansextra
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get a free Galaxy Gear...well sort of!!

So I bought my new Note 3 two weeks ago and went to verizon today to shop around bit. Realized I had my "old" iPhone 5 in my jacket pocket. Pulled it out and just for kicks asked the rep how much they would give me for my iPhone 5. Answer?: $300!! She says "now you can get that Gear watch you've been staring at for free!"

May wait for the Gear 2 to come out, but took the $300 refund. Surprised a used Iphone goes for that kind of cash.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Re: How to get a free Galaxy Gear...well sort of!!

An iPhone 5 in good condition is usually work a lot more than $300:
    Buy Apple iPhone 5 (Verizon) in US > Swappa

To sum up this thread...... sale anything for $300 now have cash for Galaxy Gear!

kj11 and ldscalgaryguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by swisstrader View Post
    So I bought my new Note 3 two weeks ago and went to verizon today to shop around bit. Realized I had my "old" iPhone 5 in my jacket pocket. Pulled it out and just for kicks asked the rep how much they would give me for my iPhone 5. Answer?: $300!! She says "now you can get that Gear watch you've been staring at for free!"

May wait for the Gear 2 to come out, but took the $300 refund. Surprised a used Iphone goes for that kind of cash.
    Just sold my iPhone 5 on ebay a couple weeks ago. It was in pristine condition with no scratches and it was not that old. After ebay and PayPal fees I netted about $390. So, the $300 was definitely a decent deal. I probably would have done the same. Its less hassle to just turn it over than have to take pictures of it, list it, box it up and ship it.

Golly gee I'll bet this technique would work with almost anything you wanted to buy as long as you had something to sell of equal value...
    bearda and ldscalgaryguy like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Golly gee I'll bet this technique would work with almost anything you wanted to buy as long as you had something to sell of equal value...
    BUZZKILL!!