1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Galaxy Gear: Why don't notifications use the entire screen?

I have a pebble, a sony smart watch 2 and a galaxy gear.

The galaxy had the best and largest screen, but it only uses 1-2 lines for the actual notification. I want to read more of my email and don't care about the email icon. I want to see more of the Facebook post.... Why is so little real estate used for the actual info on the screen?

It's great if you want to go to the Facebook app and read it, but why not have more on the pop up screen when u first get the notifications?????
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Default Re: Galaxy Gear: Why don't notifications use the entire screen?

Good point!

Note 3 user
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

So I have tried three email clients
    Enhanced email, stock android and touchdown.

If I only get 1 email on enhanced it will tell me sender, subject and the time and the icon.
    If I go into the EE icon status it will tell me I got xx number of emails then lumps them all together

Touch down will notify me I have xx messages and show me the TD icon and time

Android exchange email (when it works) will show me the icon, sender, subject and 1 line of text.

Give me more info at a glance!! All the notifications are like that. I might as well take out my phone, as I have to start scrolling screens to get the msg

I am playing with a sony smartwatch 2. There are a ton of apps, notification ehhancements, but the screens doesn't touch the gear....

Samsung??????

Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    I have a pebble, a sony smart watch 2 and a galaxy gear.

The galaxy had the best and largest screen, but it only uses 1-2 lines for the actual notification. I want to read more of my email and don't care about the email icon. I want to see more of the Facebook post.... Why is so little real estate used for the actual info on the screen?

It's great if you want to go to the Facebook app and read it, but why not have more on the pop up screen when u first get the notifications?????
    This dosen't bother me....it's just a notification that pops up when you get it, like you mentioned.
    That just invites you to open the application to read the whole message which you should on that screen not the notification's pop up screen.