Galaxy Gear: Had a change of heart...

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
So I returned my galaxy gear to best buy at the end of December because the gear 2 was teased to be released in the first quarter of 2014. I now know it'll come out in March/April with the new S5. However I had become so accustomed to the convenience the gear afforded me both at school and at work (I'm an electrical engineer so I'm constantly working on something and can't stop to look at my phone) that I pretty much can't be without a device like this now. So long story short I tried the cheaper Sony smart watch 2 and although I liked the build quality and overall look it was nowhere near as capable or useful as the galaxy gear. So I found one used like new on Amazon for a very reasonable price and bought it immediately. Can't tell you how much more I appreciate it this time around than the first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Had a change of heart...

Sometimes this is the case.
'You don't know what you have until it's gone.'

IAmCashmere_D

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I've had the gear for 2 days and I have no clue what all the backlash was about. I know on launch the notifications had limited functionality , but all the apps that I use I get full notifications. Instagram, Falcon, chomp SmS, gmail, all work well with the gear.

Posted via Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

This is happening all over this forum all the time, with the "should I get [insert phone here] or wait for the new [insert phone here]?" threads. Everyone is so concerned with getting the next great device that they are missing out on one, in your case that was right in front of you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

The limited functionality was one of my biggest gripes with it early on. But after I manually installed the UK update that hadn't been released in the US yet it really increased it's usefulness for me.

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The thing is still new they have not even released the sdk yet once they do that then there will be more apps for the watch but all in all I love the watch.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome