Any way to improve S-Voice Accuracy

zanda61

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I bought a gear at best buy about 10 days ago and it was a returned unit (paid $200). I had some trouble getting things setup but finally figured out where I went wrong and got things working. I like the watch a lot. It fits well, the battery could go 3 days easy if I didn't wear it while sleeping (motion on comes on a lot as I toss and turn :)). I only have one issue. When I try to use S-voice to send a message, I'll initiate the app and hold the watch about 10" from my mouth and say a command. Often times it'll reply "I didn't catch that". I'll then place the watch about 2" from my mouth and speak a command and it'll register but seems to have trouble understanding what I say. I can use the google voice app on the phone (note 3) and it is almost always spot on. So I was wondering if my experience is typical for S-voice or if perhaps I got a unit with bad mics. I was also wondering if there is a way to "teach" S-voice so it better understands my voice. I speak very clearly and slowly so the words don't run together, but S-voice just doesn't seem to understand me. If I make a voice call with the watch, the mics seem to work just fine. And, in another odd twist, if I use S-voice to reply to a text message, it seems to be pretty accurate. Do you guys have any thoughts? I'm keeping the watch. It's a nice watch even without the smart features.

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've never used the galaxy gear, but I've had similar issues with other devices. Based on what you say, I would agree that it's probably not a hardware issue. I would recommend you speak to S-Voice from the same distance, and at the same volume, as you would any other voice app.

A quick search on Google and I've found that you're certainly not alone.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-gear-smartwatch/340123-galaxy-gear-s-voice-note-2-rogers-canada.html

The Note 3 has its own S-Voice, so try using the phone without the watch connected to see what's going on.

I think most people agree the watch isn't all bad, but it's not optimal, either. Although I didn't exactly read all the posts on the thread I linked above, it would seem to me there isn't a particular fix, so maybe you should explore some S-Voice alternatives!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae