"Unfortunately the camera has stopped working"...

Rockmesocks

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I just bought a Galaxy Gear watch a few weeks ago and I just love it. The only problem I am having is that my camera stopped working about a week after I got it. Everytime I attempt to turn it on all I get is 15 seconds of black screen and then a message that says "Unfortunately the camera has stopped working" :'(. I have already reset the gear twice and made sure I have the most recent update...neither of those fixed my problem. I have not been able to use it and was hoping someone here would have a miracle answer to help me fix the problem.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ty Knotts

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem...no one anywhere has a solution. i have tried every trick in the internet suggests. I heard it might just be the Camera Modual.....This is crap.screenshot_0405164236.png

Mary Elchico

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you fix the problem?
I had the same problem earlier! And I got it fixed!

Just go to:
- settings
- application manager
- scroll to "ALL"
- find "CAMERA"
- click on CLEAR CACHE and CLEAR DATA
-click OKAY despite the warnings (TRUST ME)
-restart your phone

Now check your camera again (crossing my fingers for you)

:D

Royal Lucky

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
:) thank you guys i got fixed my problem
Did you fix the problem?
I had the same problem earlier! And I got it fixed!

Just go to:
- settings
- application manager
- scroll to "ALL"
- find "CAMERA"
-restart your phone

Ty Knotts

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Ive tried that a million times and no success, ive even changed out the camera module. This is depressing Ive had this phone that i bought brand new for over 7 months now and the camera hasnt worked for 6 months. Like i said i have tried every trick in the internet.

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You can go in and clear the cache, but it only works then for maybe 2 days and you have to do it again, and again, and again.

REMOVE snapchat- that gave me about a week between restarts; but it still gets screwed up.

There is a BUG in our phones and Verizon doesn't want you to know until you do a factory reset and try every option. They will send you a brand new phone if you bother them enough. I don't want a new phone tho, I hate that pain of doing all my settings/contacts again even tho they are backed up; it's never the same!

Abdellah Tibouche

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi i stil have the seem problem is it possible for you to explain in french? merci beaucoup
Just go to:
- settings
- application manager
- scroll to "ALL"
- find "CAMERA"
-restart your phone the seem problem

A human being

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Unbelievable, the clearing data and cache worked!!! I had resigned myself to the fact camera no-more oh well. Gave it a try, now have camera again, thanks so much!!

Uday Urs

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
hi,

am using samsung galaxy grand 2. My mobile camera is not working while open camera it shows "unfortunately, camera has stopped". I done camera clear catch but no use.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you read through this thread and try the suggested solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you aren't the original poster of this thread, it would help to get more details about your device and what you've already tried.

gina stacy

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you aren't the original poster of this thread, it would help to get more details about your device and what you've already tried.

I have the HTC desire eye, and I have tried the above options. I have also done a factory reset, but my camera still won't open

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, it's most likely a hardware problem (with the camera and/or the motherboard), or a corrupt firmware. Either way, you'll probably have to bring it to a repair shop (or contact HTC if it's still under warranty).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis