To Sell or Wait - Gear 2

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing that I won't be alone when the Gear 2 comes out that I will want to sell my Gear and buy the Gear 2? It will be interesting to see what we will be able to sell them for. I realize this will depend on how much the new one sells for and how saturated the market gets on used Gear. I am assuming that the new gear will wow me and as always, I will want the newest one.
It is killing me that there hasn't been any leaked photos yet. If it is announced on the 24th, I wonder how long before they hit the stores?

Kevie Cam

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Honestly if the GG2 is a complete redesign I'm not so sure people will be rushing to purchase the Gear.

Posted via Android Central App

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking the exact same. Wondering if I should sell mine before the price of the Gear 2 is announced. I thought for sure we would have seen leaked photos by now. They're keeping that watch on a tight leash. I can't wait to see what it'll look like.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would wait a bit longer, the current GG will drop in price substantially and unless the GG2 is a HUGE upgrade over the first one then it would be worth waiting.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
From the way I like the Gear, when the Gear 2 shows, I am passing my Gear down or over to my wife who has a S4. In my book, the Gear is da chit!!! :D

jmcu

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just sold my GG on e bay for $220 plus shipping. Waiting for GG2 now. I think I sold it just in time, before the prices fall.

Sent from my note 3

Userp222

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm kinda a watch collector anyway and IMO the watch styles look different to me. Bought my gear at best buy on a open box deal for 199.00 and I'm planning on keeping it and buying the Gear 2 as my secondary. Figured I would use the original Gear at work and save the Gear 2 as a evening watch.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Update, not giving my Gear to my wife, she has been mean lately. .I am selling it.. :D
I am doing it this weekend... Put it all back in the box, and taking anything north of $140. I only paid $209 + taxes.. On new Gear, I am getting the one with the camera.. We talking 35 days from now.. Oh boy.. :cool:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm kinda a watch collector anyway and IMO the watch styles look different to me. Bought my gear at best buy on a open box deal for 199.00 and I'm planning on keeping it and buying the Gear 2 as my secondary. Figured I would use the original Gear at work and save the Gear 2 as a evening watch.

Like you, I will be keeping my Galaxy Gear. I paid full price on day one of launch but I must honestly say it's been the absolute best phone accessory I have ever purchased.

I will get the Gear 2 when it launches, and will use the Galaxy Gear from time to time.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just replaced my S3 with a Moto X and one of the hardest decisions about that was giving up my Gear. I loved my Gear but have sold it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol