Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DAS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To Sell or Wait - Gear 2

I am guessing that I won't be alone when the Gear 2 comes out that I will want to sell my Gear and buy the Gear 2? It will be interesting to see what we will be able to sell them for. I realize this will depend on how much the new one sells for and how saturated the market gets on used Gear. I am assuming that the new gear will wow me and as always, I will want the newest one.
    It is killing me that there hasn't been any leaked photos yet. If it is announced on the 24th, I wonder how long before they hit the stores?
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: To Sell or Wait - Gear 2

Honestly if the GG2 is a complete redesign I'm not so sure people will be rushing to purchase the Gear.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Kevie Cam View Post
    Honestly if the GG2 is a complete redesign I'm not so sure people will be rushing to purchase the Gear.

Right. But The design of the GG is great imo. I don't see the point of the design change.

I've been thinking the exact same. Wondering if I should sell mine before the price of the Gear 2 is announced. I thought for sure we would have seen leaked photos by now. They're keeping that watch on a tight leash. I can't wait to see what it'll look like.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I would wait a bit longer, the current GG will drop in price substantially and unless the GG2 is a HUGE upgrade over the first one then it would be worth waiting.

From the way I like the Gear, when the Gear 2 shows, I am passing my Gear down or over to my wife who has a S4. In my book, the Gear is da chit!!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

I just sold my GG on e bay for $220 plus shipping. Waiting for GG2 now. I think I sold it just in time, before the prices fall.

Sent from my note 3

Well I'm kinda a watch collector anyway and IMO the watch styles look different to me. Bought my gear at best buy on a open box deal for 199.00 and I'm planning on keeping it and buying the Gear 2 as my secondary. Figured I would use the original Gear at work and save the Gear 2 as a evening watch.

Update, not giving my Gear to my wife, she has been mean lately. .I am selling it..
    I am doing it this weekend... Put it all back in the box, and taking anything north of $140. I only paid $209 + taxes.. On new Gear, I am getting the one with the camera.. We talking 35 days from now.. Oh boy..

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
    DAS

Global Posts
    1,089 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Userp222 View Post
    Well I'm kinda a watch collector anyway and IMO the watch styles look different to me. Bought my gear at best buy on a open box deal for 199.00 and I'm planning on keeping it and buying the Gear 2 as my secondary. Figured I would use the original Gear at work and save the Gear 2 as a evening watch.

Like you, I will be keeping my Galaxy Gear. I paid full price on day one of launch but I must honestly say it's been the absolute best phone accessory I have ever purchased.

I will get the Gear 2 when it launches, and will use the Galaxy Gear from time to time.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Userp222 likes this.

I just replaced my S3 with a Moto X and one of the hardest decisions about that was giving up my Gear. I loved my Gear but have sold it.