Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chefmorry
  • 1 Post By Kevie Cam
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Waiting for more GG apps?

Am I the only one who thinks the apps roll out is really slow on GG. I thought a lot of developers will start developing quality apps for GG by now. It upsets me to see new apps coming for pebble everyday and I don't see anything new coming out for GG. What's going on

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Waiting for more GG apps?

I really wish there were a way for Mobile Nations to link forums from their family of sites.

I responded to this post over at SmartWatch Fans.

rajnet likes this.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Agreed. The rollout of apps has been tragically slow. Not sure if it's due to GG2's pending release or what, but the Pebble seems to get new apps that add to its functionality while the Gear gets no love. Certainly doesn't inspire loyalty to the brand.

rajnet likes this.

I heard the issue is due to the fact that the Samsung App store is invite only right now. Once they open up development I'm sure we'll see more apps.

I too have been frustrated with the lack of apps for the Gear, but what's even worse is that I can't even install the damn apps that are already in the Samsung App Store. When going through the Gear Manager app (which is functioning TERRIBLY by the way) it never installs the apps, instead it just sits there saying "installing..." and hangs. I usually can't even cancel the download without force closing the app altogether using "app info".

Has anybody seen a website where Gear apps can be downloaded? I would actually prefer to just side load them myself. I know I'll have better luck that way at least getting it done.