Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear keeps losing bluetooth connection (after update?)

Guys,

Am I the only one who has had consistent connection problems with my Note 3 after the new gear update? My phone is on my waist and my connection keeps going in and out; I means the devices are less than 2 feet apart. The media player becomes unresponsive and I keep getting a message to connect to bluetooth although it's already connected. Sometimes, turning bluethooth on and off fixes it but I have recently found myself having to toggle back and forth for a quite a few minutes to get the connection to work. yesterday, I just gave up and stopped trying. The gear will say its connected and buzz and all of that but nothing will work; just a message to connect to bluethooth...smdh. I never, ever had a single bluetooth connection issue before these last two updates... Anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Default Re: Galaxy Gear keeps losing bluetooth connection (after update?)

I have the exact same problem. So much so that I don't even wanna wear my gear anymore. Happened during a phone call the other day while I was driving. So frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I too see connection issues all throughout the day since the last update, but the device (Gear) usually seems to also reconnect all by itself so it's just more of an annoyance for me than it breaking functionality...most things continue to work. Nevertheless, I am sick of it!

My suggestion is to either reach out to tech support from your carrier AND/or call Samsung Tech Support directly to let them know about the problem so it can at least be addressed within the next update.

You can try Samsung at 888-987-4357 in case you don't have their number.
    Thanked by:

Had something like this happening during my commute this morning, however restarting the phone seems to have resolved it.

What other bluetooth devices do you have connected at the same time as the Gear?

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The gear is the only thing I have connected. This NEVER happened before the two updates, the last update,by far, being the worst.

Hey All,

One more thing that I noticed helps a lot with this connection problem, and that is to make sure that you go into your Galaxy Gear app (by pulling down the notification shade/screen) but WHEN DONE, NEVER HIT THE "BACK" BUTTON TO CLOSE THE APP, ALWAYS HIT THE "HOME" KEY INSTEAD which seems to try to leave the app running in the background much better and therefore avoiding the constant disconnections.

Hopefully this little trick works for you all as it does for me. Basically the app seems a bit buggy and when hitting the BACK button it seems to lose the connection on my Note 3.

Happened to me the other day and I reset my phone and I reset my gear and it was fine since.

Anyone out there had an issue with bluetooth and the galaxy gear 2 & a plantronics headset paired with a note 3. I keep getting the audio come through the headset and the microphone is connected to the gear 2. This is happening mid way through a call on pretty much every call i take, this is since the last update. I have to take the call off headset using the phone to disconnect the audio path and then reconnect it. Then for about 15 to 30 seconds audio and mic work through the headset and then i get this split situation where audio on headset and microphone on the watch.

I am now disabling the bluetooth on the watch when i make calls to stop the problem.

Any help or feedback appreciated

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I noticed it after issues to load new theme from watch styler into gear, connection in and out, very frustrating.
    What I did, found previous stable version 1.6.13... uninstalled last one and using mobile go installed 1.6 into the phone, In my opinion issue with last gear manager.
    Everything works fine again, also turned off auto udate for sams apps.

I have the same problem.
    My Gear worked perfectly when it was Android - since the update to Tizen it drops the connection all the time. Initially I'd try and reconnect, sometimes spending 2 - 3 minutes to re-establish connection, but now I've given up! There is no real point in my wearing the Gear now. Shame as it cost a lot of money.
    I think I'm going to root it and reinstall Android.