Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By DAS
  • 2 Post By Illustrator Joe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just Got A Galaxy Gear.

Hello All! I am new to this forum so a small introduction: My name is Zachary P, I'm 19 male (As of 2014 when this is being written). and it is nice to meet you all,

Now that, that is out of the way, I have bought a galaxy gear that should arrive by tuesday, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to the first thin they think should be done with the new device. be it an app recommendation or anything else?!

In addition to that, I want to hear general thoughts on the GG, What do you think about it? I've been collecting watches for little under 5 years now. so when I heard it has a sapphire crystal, It interests me more than just it's smart features!

Thank you for your time,

Global Posts
    30,552 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Just Got A Galaxy Gear.

How are you liking it?
    DAS

Global Posts
    1,137 Global Posts

Hello Zachary. Welcome to the forum.

There is a wealth of information on this forum about the Gear, along with some very knowledgeable users.

I would suggest taking the time to browse through the different threads and you'll discover what the majority believe about the watch.

There are not a lot of apps, but if you browse the Samsung App store you may find something you like. Because I am a runner one of my favorites is RunKeeper.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

First thing you should do with your new Gear watch is to sell it and buy new Gear 2
    DAS

Global Posts
    1,137 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swisstrader View Post
    First thing you should do with your new Gear watch is to sell it and buy new Gear 2
    Why would you say that? The GG is a very stylish, capable, and useful accessory. I've had mine since launch day, and have enjoyed it very much.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    rajnet and clietreo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by swisstrader View Post
    Don't listen to this. Just because a new model comes out does not make the old one obsolete. Enjoy your new Gear.

Also what device are you pairing it with?

ಠ益ಠ
    SactoKingsFan and rajnet like this.

Welcome to Android Central. I've been looking at the Galaxy Gear and upcoming Gear2 since I purchased my Note3, but I'm still on the fence (so to speak) about which one I should get (I'm leaning towards the Gear2)...Let us know how you like it. I have the Pebble (my first smartwatch, but not my last), and I like the idea of a smarter smartwatch.