Exchange Emails and only being able to read the Subject and not the body

Dave Hutchings

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Firstly, let me apologise if I am bring up an old issue - but I have searched the web and getting conflicting results about the problem I am having - and have not received a single response from samsung support.

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Note III and gear together and had it all up and running in minutes, this was in Feb 2014.

I was browsing the mail on my phone and watch - which was really handy. I have 1 exchange account for work and 1 imap account for home. I could read the body text of emails from both sources on the watch.

I then got an update which happened early march on both the phone and then the watch and then the gear manager updated, and I can now no longer read the body text of any exchange email - this happened after the update.
I am in the UK and I have read a couple of posts here and it is suggested that people are able to read their emails fully? I cannot, it was very handy glancing at watch, and reading through an email. What is worse, is that now, when I get an exchange notification on my watch - it marks the email on the phone as read even tho I cannot read it!

I am in UK, the phone was bought unlocked new and has not been altered in any way with root kits or anything.
The Gear is on firmware v700xxubnc1
The phone is android 4.4.2,
Gear Manager on the phone is version 1.6.132701
Gear Software Version is JDQ39.v700xxubnc1

Is there anyone out there who has a definitive answer on whether it should or should not be working - before I go and open a can of whoopass at samsung?

kmincey

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Looking for some answers to fix this issue. Anybody?

Hi,
Firstly, let me apologise if I am bring up an old issue - but I have searched the web and getting conflicting results about the problem I am having - and have not received a single response from samsung support.

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Note III and gear together and had it all up and running in minutes, this was in Feb 2014.

I was browsing the mail on my phone and watch - which was really handy. I have 1 exchange account for work and 1 imap account for home. I could read the body text of emails from both sources on the watch.

I then got an update which happened early march on both the phone and then the watch and then the gear manager updated, and I can now no longer read the body text of any exchange email - this happened after the update.
I am in the UK and I have read a couple of posts here and it is suggested that people are able to read their emails fully? I cannot, it was very handy glancing at watch, and reading through an email. What is worse, is that now, when I get an exchange notification on my watch - it marks the email on the phone as read even tho I cannot read it!

I am in UK, the phone was bought unlocked new and has not been altered in any way with root kits or anything.
The Gear is on firmware v700xxubnc1
The phone is android 4.4.2,
Gear Manager on the phone is version 1.6.132701
Gear Software Version is JDQ39.v700xxubnc1

Is there anyone out there who has a definitive answer on whether it should or should not be working - before I go and open a can of whoopass at samsung?

ocramida

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Count me in as another frustrated owner. They fixed this a couple of revisions ago and now it's broken again. And again the functionality of the gear has been seriously hobbled for my use. I hate software.