Can Galaxy Gear connect to phone at the same time as a Bluetooth headset?

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering getting the Gear 2 and was wondering will I be able to use my bluetooth earpiece and the Gear at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can G Gear connect to phone at the same time as a BT headset?

Thanks. That's was very helpful.

Posted via Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
And depending on your bluetooth earpiece, u can answer or dial a call by a simple tap on the earpiece or voice control. I have a Bose earpiece.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro BT headset and my Gear 2 should be here next week. It sounds like I should be able to answer and/or initiate calls with either one depending on which one I click or tap on. Is this true?

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I use the new Jawbone Era headset primarily and the Jabra Sport Wireless+ when I work out. They both work great with the watch.

hirenshah

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the LG Tone (HBS-730) and if I pair the headphone to my phone the Gear 2 disconnects, and if I paid the Gear 2, the headphones disconnect :(

Dominic Tanner

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately because you posses an LG Smart phone it can be two things.

It could be that your bluetooth firmware version isn't comparable with multi connectivity

Or more than likely your phone isn't fully compatible with the galaxy gear.

Originally and more than likely still the galaxy gear was designed to only support Bluetooth and NFC compatible SAMSUNG devices. Unfortunately it's hard to say if there is a work around however that is the most likely cause of your connectivity issue.