Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Can Galaxy Gear connect to phone at the same time as a Bluetooth headset?

I'm considering getting the Gear 2 and was wondering will I be able to use my bluetooth earpiece and the Gear at the same time?

Default Re: Can G Gear connect to phone at the same time as a BT headset?

I can with a Gear1 and a Plantronics Legend.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Re: Can G Gear connect to phone at the same time as a BT headset?

Thanks. That's was very helpful.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Can Galaxy Gear connect to phone at the same time as a Bluetooth headset?

And depending on your bluetooth earpiece, u can answer or dial a call by a simple tap on the earpiece or voice control. I have a Bose earpiece.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Can Galaxy Gear connect to phone at the same time as a Bluetooth headset?

Yes, I have multiple Bluetooth devices connected at the same time.

From my Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro BT headset and my Gear 2 should be here next week. It sounds like I should be able to answer and/or initiate calls with either one depending on which one I click or tap on. Is this true?

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Yes. I use the new Jawbone Era headset primarily and the Jabra Sport Wireless+ when I work out. They both work great with the watch.

I have the LG Tone (HBS-730) and if I pair the headphone to my phone the Gear 2 disconnects, and if I paid the Gear 2, the headphones disconnect

Unfortunately because you posses an LG Smart phone it can be two things.

It could be that your bluetooth firmware version isn't comparable with multi connectivity

Or more than likely your phone isn't fully compatible with the galaxy gear.

Originally and more than likely still the galaxy gear was designed to only support Bluetooth and NFC compatible SAMSUNG devices. Unfortunately it's hard to say if there is a work around however that is the most likely cause of your connectivity issue.