Is there an update on the horizon?

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason, my gear didn't sync to my phone immediately after turning bluetooth on this morning.

I launched gear manager, and it looked as if it was about to install a software update, but didn't.

I went to check if there was an update available, and got a message saying the servers were overloaded or something, and to either check back later or connect to Kies. Unfortunately I'm not near my computer for a while. Anyone else get any updates, or able to check through Kies?

Posted via Android Central App

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I finally was able to update last night (after getting an error code say the update servers were overloaded.)

It's an incremental update, only 16ish megabytes.

I saw the email app, but there is no way to change the settings, so I don't know what it really does. Maybe it syncs to "email" on your phone? I wouldn't really know as I only use the Gmail app on my phone.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been unable to get any mail through the email app. I have three different email accounts, one (at&t) in the stock app, a gmail account, and an exchange server in 'touchdown' (great app btw). The watch always says no mail..

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that this minimal update is a sign of more to come.

Maybe with the GEAR 2 line being released next week, all of us with the first generation gear will get some major update with the rollout of the second generation.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Strange..

I did the NA6 update last night and saw the Email app. Today the Gear disconnected from my S3, so I reconnect via BT. Now there is no Email app on the Gear on in the Gear app on my phone.
resarted to devices with no luck.

Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: Did a phone reset this morning and everything was restored. Life is Good.

Last edited: