Sideloaded apps disappearing from Apps list.

Joel Aarhus

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I installed a few apps for the first time today(non rooted) and they worked fine, but for some reason they are no longer showing up in the list of apps.

Homer_Cooper

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
You just have to reload them each time now. as the updates now restore the watch. a bit annoying but not to bad once you have a routine down.

If the watch gets updated to the new OS it maybe the end of sideloading. considering it won't be android anymore.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's not just sideloaded apps. Apps for the Gear from the Samsung App Store have disappeared too after this new Gear Manager update. What's weird is that they show as still being installed in Gear Manager -- and in the Samsung App Store -- even though they're not on the Gear. I don't know of any way to force Gear Manager to make sure they're installed on the Gear, so I guess I'll have to delete them from my phone and reinstall them. Idiots.

zeuserx

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
All you need to do is this:
1 - shutdown gear manager on your phone. Make sure it's dead, long press home button and kill it from the list
2 - restart the gear

It should now show all your apps.

Note: your side loaded apps and their data was always there. All that happened is the gear manager hid them in the gear ' menu system.

I'm currently plowing through loads of xml files on the phone and the gear trying to figure out how to system top this on a rooted gear. Stay tuned ... If successful.

YB EDISON

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
The dissapearing apps is not all the sideloadded apps.
Apps which includes widgets like Play store or Youtube dissapears after Gear Manager syncronization.
All you have to do is install Custom launcher (EASY!) or install shortcut apps (which I did) which redirects to actual app.