- 3 Posts
Help me understand the pedometer
Hi! I use SHealth on my Note3 for the past few months. I just got a used Galaxy Gear watch and set it up and it works. However, a few questions. The pedometer on the phone, with me all day today, has steps. The watch has logged a few, but hasn't "synced" with the actual steps from the phone.
I went into SHealth, click "galaxy gear" in the walking mate app (upper right), and it just says "you need to update gaer manager to connect gear to mobile device". However, all software is updated and no updates are required.
Any ideas? Very confused how this is supposed to work.
- 04-20-2014, 05:11 PM #2
Re: Help me understand the pedometer
I am noticing that the Gear's pedometer doesn't seem to work as well after the update as it did before.
To answer your question, you can go to the pedometer on the Gear, tap the menu area (the three lines in the upper right hand corner) and select "send to S Health". It will then send the data to your phone. There are settings with your Gear Manager on your phone to determine how often to sync the Gear's pedometer with S Health on your phone. It defaults to 24 hours, but you can change it to other intervals (3, 6, or 12 hours). The option is also there to transfer now.
- 04-20-2014, 08:19 PM #4
- By BetterMost#AC in forum HTC One M8Replies: 82Last Post: 04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
- By Jason Smiley in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 12Last Post: 04-22-2014, 07:57 AM
- By dadathepanda in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 7Last Post: 04-20-2014, 05:14 PM
- By s_ali11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 10Last Post: 04-20-2014, 09:48 AM
- By danmaytee in forum HTC One M8Replies: 0Last Post: 04-19-2014, 07:21 PM